From Sega Retro
|Place of birth: Fukushima, Gunma prefecture, Japan|
|Date of birth: 1942-01-16 (age 80)|
Hajime Satomi (里見 治) was the founder of Sammy Corporation, an entertainment equipment manufacturer, which currently owns Sega, a world-renowned producer of arcade and software games. His son, Haruki Satomi, is also involved within the executive structure of Sega and Sega Sammy Holdngs.
Hajime Satomi withdrew from Aoyama Gakuin University November 1975 and founded Sammy Corporation as an entertainment equipment manufacturer. Sammy experienced significant growth when it began manufacturing machines for the pachislot and pachinko industry (one of Japan's most popular forms of entertainment) and was successfully listed on the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange in March 2001. Sammy Corporation is now the leading manufacturer of pachislot and pachinko machines.
Sammy Corporation, Japan's largest slot machine maker, bought out ailing videogame maker Sega Corporation in 2004 for $394 million. Hajime Satomi heads the newly combined $4.5 billion (sales) group, now called Sega Sammy Holdings Inc. with its main businesses being those of Sammy Corporation and Sega.
- Twin Cobra (Mega Drive; 1991) — Publisher
- NiGHTS into Dreams (PlayStation 2; 2008) — Executive Producers
- Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 31: Cyber Troopers Virtual-On (PlayStation 2; 2007) — Executive Producer
- NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams (Wii; 2007) — Executive Producer
- Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity () — Executive Producer
- The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return (Wii; 2008) — Executive Producer
- Main article: Photos of Hajime Satomi
|SEGA of Japan Executives|
|Chairmen||Isao Okawa (1984-2001) | Hajime Satomi (2004-current)|
|Presidents||Hayao Nakayama (1984-1998) | Shoichiro Irimajiri (1998-2001) | Hideki Sato (2001-2003) | Hisao Oguchi (2003-2008) | Okitane Usui (2008-2012) | Naoya Tsurumi (2012-current) | Hideki Okamura (2014-current) | Haruki Satomi (2015-current)|