From Sega Retro
|Publisher: GT Interactive (US/EU), Game Bank (JP)|
|Developer: id Software, Raven Software,|
|Publisher(s) of original games: id Software|
|Developer(s) of original games: Raven Software|
|System(s): Sega Saturn|
|Original system(s): PC|
|Sound driver: SCSP/CD-DA (15 tracks)|
|Peripherals supported: Saturn Backup Memory|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Three heroes are selectable, representing speed, power and balanced gameplay.
It runs on the engine that powered Doom, and is said to be one of the more popular "Doom clones" from around that era.
Hexen brought RPG elements and non linear progression into the genre, and expanded on these in it's sequel, which was never ported to consoles.
The Saturn port is considered better than the Sony PlayStation port by running at a higher framerate, but falls behind the Nintendo 64 port and PC original, due to slowdown and enemies always facing the player from the front (this was probably done to save memory, as the game displays enemies as sprites, not polygons)
- Main article: Hexen/Magazine articles.
#29: "November 1996" (1996-xx-xx)
#75: "Mai 1997" (1997-xx-xx)
also published in:
- CD Consoles (FR) #27: "xxxx xxxx" (xxxx-xx-xx)
#1997-05: "Mai 1997" (1997-xx-xx)
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
ROM dump status
|615,948,816||CD-ROM (EU)||T-25405H-50 V1.002|
|615,948,816||1997-07-02||CD-ROM (JP)||T-18612G V1.000|
|615,948,816||CD-ROM (US)||T-25406H V1.002|
- File:CVG UK 185.pdf, page 66
- File:CVG UK 185.pdf, page 49
- File:UltraGamePlayers US 099.pdf, page 4
- File:EGM US 096.pdf, page 56
- File:SSM UK 19.pdf, page 10
- File:CDConsoles FR 27.pdf, page 2
- File:MAN!AC DE 1997-04.pdf, page 75
- File:SaturnPower UK 01.pdf, page 76
- File:SSM UK 17.pdf, page 66
- File:SSM JP 19980403 1998-10.pdf, page 195
- File:UltraGamePlayers US 095.pdf, page 66