Iron Man/X-O Manowar in Heavy Metal
From Sega Retro
|Iron Man/X-O Manowar in Heavy Metal|
|System(s): Sega Saturn|
|Number of players: 1-2|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Iron Man/X-O Manowar in Heavy Metal (アイアンマン／ＸＯ) is a Sega Saturn action game based on the comic with the same name.
Like several of Acclaim's published games, the title can cause some issues - the forward slash symbol is not present in any western Sega packaging (leading it to be called Iron Man X-O Manowar or by some, Iron Man and X-O Manowar). It actually derives from the PlayStation packaging's spine and thus may not be strictly accurate for Sega versions of the game. Similar issues are encountered with Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage and Venom - Spider-Man: Separation Anxiety.
Iron Man/X-O Manowar is a 2.5D side-scrolling action game where players can either control either Marvel Comics' Iron Man or X-O Manowar, originally owned by Valiant Comics (though in 1996 Acclaim Entertainment had bought out the Valiant brand and were distributing X-O Manowar comics under a "Acclaim Comics" label). Most characters and objects in the game are represented with 2D pre-rendered sprites, while backgrounds are made of simple textured polygons.
The Saturn and PlayStation versions were released simultaneously and are largely identical, however the Saturn version features lower quality full motion video and uses lower resolution textures in places.
- Main article: Iron Man/X-O Manowar in Heavy Metal/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
|541,491,552||CD-ROM (EU)||T-8119H-50 V1.000|
|539,934,528||1996-09-25||CD-ROM (JP)||T-8115G V1.000|
- Press release: 1996-11-14: Acclaim Entertainment releases IRON MAN/X-O MANOWAR IN HEAVY METAL
- Computer & Video Games, "April 1997" (UK; 1997-03-12), page 85
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "April 1997" (UK; 1997-03-15), page 68/69 (68)
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "1996-20 (1996-11-22)" (JP; 1996-11-08), page 213 (215)
- Sega Saturn Magazine (readers), "Final data" (JP; 2000-03), page 13 (15)