Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage
From Sega Retro
|Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Sound driver: Sound Images v1.2|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage, or simply Maximum Carnage (マキシマムカーネイジ) is a beat-'em-up game based on the Spider-Man universe. It was released for the Sega Mega Drive in 1994.
This is one of the rarest Mega Drive games in Japan along with Acclaim's WWF Raw. Rather than roll out a line of exclusive Japanese packaging, Acclaim opted for giving the Japanese European packaging with very minor changes. As a result, this is the only game in the Mega Drive's official library to have the same product code across all regions (internally the game's code is T-81256-50 in Europe/Japan but the packaging says otherwise).
Strangely, while the game's packaging features the Acclaim name and logo, the game itself has the logo and name of LJN instead, who released the SNES version, and until the release of Spirit of Speed 1937, was the only game on a Sega platform to feature LJN.
- Original Code: Paul Murray
- Sega Conversion: Andy Miah, Craig Mitchell, Paul Mashall, Mike Webb
- Original Main Artist: John Tatlock
- Sega Main Artist: Ste Pickford
- Sega Artists: Gavin Eagleton, Martin Holland, Andrew Threllfall
- Game Logic: Chun Wah Kong
- Artists: Justin Eagleton, Haydn Dalton
- Animators: Alan Moult, Clinton J Priest
- Original Musician: Chris Jojo
- Sound FX: Alistair Brimble
- Genesis Musicians: Tony Williams, Paul Tonge
- Additional Code: Kevin Edwards, Stephen Ruddy, John Buckley, Pete Andrew
- Game Testers: Malcolm Daglish, Dan Curley, Paul Lee, Suddi Raval, Davelee Thornton, Bone
- Associate Producers: Lorraine Broxton, Richard Kay
- Music Director: Paul Tonge
- Animation Directors: Steve Thomas, David MacLachlan
- Art Director: Ste Pickford
- Producer: John Pickford
- Producer: Mark Flitman
- Associate Producers: Tyrone Miller, Ken Kajikawa, Doug Yellin
- Analysts: Joe Allocco, Michael Archer, J.J. Mazziotto
- Special Thanks To: Linda Spelman, Dana Moreshead, Mike Thomas
- Source: In-game credits
- Main article: Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage/Magazine articles.
- Main article: Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage/Promotional material.
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
|Mega Drive, US|
|Mega Drive, US (bundle)|
|Mega Drive, SE (rental)|
|Spider-Man games for Sega systems|
|Spider-Man: The Videogame (1991)|
|Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin (1991) | Spider-Man and the X-Men in Arcade's Revenge (1993) | Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage (1994) | Spider-Man: The Animated Series (1995) | Venom - Spider-Man: Separation Anxiety (1995)|
|Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin (1991) | Spider-Man: Return of the Sinister Six (1993)|
|Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin (1992) | Spider-Man: Return of the Sinister Six (1993) | Spider-Man and the X-Men in Arcade's Revenge (1994)|
|Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin (1993)|
|Spider-Man: Web of Fire (1996)|