From Sega Retro
- For the Japanese Mega Drive version, see Klax (Namco).
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Developer: Atari Games|
|Sound driver: Unknown|
|Number of players: 1-2|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Basically, you have to clear the blocks while the fall which is called a Klax when you line up three of the same color vertically, horizontally or diagonally. The main difference from most puzzle games is that you can see more than one of them as they fall end over end down a slope. They must be caught by a platform controlled by the player, and then placed where the player wants by pressing , or , and to speed up their descent the player presses . The player can only let three fall without being caught before they lose. This is kept track of by the drop meter.
Oddly enough there is no music, only the sound effects of the blocks moving and falling.
To complete a wave you must get a certain amount of Klax's or meet a certain criteria.
Wave 1 - Get 3 Klax
Wave 2 - Get 5 Klax
Wave 3 - Get 3 diagonals
A four in a row KLAX counts as 2 KLAX
- Main article: Klax/Magazine articles.
- Main article: Klax/Promotional material.
|Sega Retro Average|
|Mega Drive, US|
|Mega Drive, AU|
ROM dump status
- ACE, "December 1991" (UK; 1991-11-08), page 89
- Sega Power, "March 1992" (UK; 1992-02-06), page 46
- Sega Power, "February 1992" (UK; 1992-01-02), page 12
- Complete Guide to Consoles, "Volume IV" (UK; 1990-11-xx), page 32
- Computer & Video Games, "December 1991" (UK; 1991-11-15), page 64
- Joystick, "Novembre 1990" (FR; 1990-xx-xx), page 132
- Mega, "January 1993" (UK; 1992-12-17), page 85
- MegaTech, "Xmas 1991" (UK; 1991-12-06), page 32/33 (32)
- Mean Machines, "November 1991" (UK; 1991-10-29), page 102/103 (102)
- Player One, "Mars 1992" (FR; 1992-03-10), page 66
- Sega Power, "October 1991" (UK; 1991-09-05), page 53
- Sega Pro, "November 1991" (UK; 1991-xx-xx), page 52
- Sega Pro, "February 1992" (UK; 1992-01-16), page 18
- Sega Pro, "February 1992" (UK; 1992-01-16), page 125
NEC Retro has more information related to Klax.