From Sega Retro
|Developer: Amusement Vision, Mechatronics (cabinet)|
|System(s): Sega NAOMI GD-ROM|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
The arcade cabinet of Monkey Ball is unique for its banana-shaped joystick. All the bananas in the game are sponsored by Dole, a practise that would carry through to its successor, Super Monkey Ball and Super Monkey Ball 2. There are three characters, AiAi, MeeMee and Baby, three difficulty levels and numerous puzzles to complete.
Monkey Ball was somewhat unique at the time of release. Though marble/ball rolling games had been done in the past, such as Marble Madness, these types of games are fairly rare, and none had ever been presented in 3D.
Monkey Ball itself was not ported to consoles. Instead, an upgraded version titled Super Monkey Ball was released for the GameCube a few years later. It contains all the levels seen in Monkey Ball, plus enhanced graphics and extra features.
- Chief Programmer: Hisashi Endo
- Programmers: Jun Tokuhara, Yoshinori Suzuki, Eiji Takaki
- Chief Designer: Junichi Yamada
- Designers: Mika Kojima, Yukinobu Arikawa, Yukio Oda, Mari Sasaki
- Sound Design: Yoshiyuki Kadooka, Chamy, Hiroyuki Hamada, Hidenori Shoji, Sakae Osumi
- Monkey Voice: Kaoru Morota, Konami Yoshida, Rio Natsuki
- Mechatronics: Masao Yoshimoto, Akihiko Kohno, Kazuhiro Nojo, Hiroki Koyama, Masahito Yanase, Seiji Ishii, Yutaka Yokoyama, Eiji Inoue
- Publicity: Masae Otoshi
- Cooperation: Dole Food Company,Inc, Dole Japan Ltd.
- Special Thanks: HAIKYO, STURM Co.,Ltd., T's music Co.,Ltd.
- Producer & Director: Toshihiro Nagoshi
- Created by Amusement Vision
- Produced by Sega
- Main article: Monkey Ball/Magazine articles.