NASCAR Arcade (ナスカーアーケード) is a 2000 arcade stock car racing game by Sega for Sega Hikaru hardware.
The game is based on the Winston Cup series (now "Sprint Cup"), with digitised versions of Talladega Superspeedway, Richmond International Raceway and Watkins Glen International (and a hidden "Team Sega" track, unlocked after 700 people play the game). Selectable cars include the Pontiac Grand Prix, the Ford Taurus, the Chevrolet Monte Carlo and the Pontiac Firebird.
At the time of release, Electronic Arts held the official rights to publish video games based on the NASCAR event, which in turn were sub-licensed to Sega to produce this arcade game. It is technically the last EA-branded game to be released for a Sega system, though the company had very little to do with its development.
NASCAR Arcade saw a spiritual sequel in the form of NASCAR Racing, a 2007 arcade game developed by Global VR, again for Electronic Arts. Global VR would then extend this via an upgrade kit in 2011 to create NASCAR Team Racing. Predictably, the three games are often confused with one another as each share similar goals. Furthermore, NASCAR Racing includes the Daytona International Speedway as a track option, something more commonly associated with Sega's Daytona USA series.
The NASCAR video game rights have changed hands several times, and it is extremely unlikely that NASCAR Arcade could be re-released either on a home platform or again in the arcades (EA refused to back the Sega Dreamcast, which would have been the logical platform for Sega to bring the game to in 2000). Since 2011 Activision have held the video game rights.
- Chief Programmer: Kazuhiro Mori
- Programmer: Makoto Ito, Kenichi Yamamoto, Masahiko Tanabe, Hideya Takahashi
- Chief Designer: Daisuke Ogawa
- Designers: Norio Satomi, Toshio Yoshihara, Manabu Sato, Syugo Kudo
- Cabinet Design: Eiji Nishimura, Tomoyuki Goto, Eiji Inoue, Toshiya Yamaguchi, Toru Mori, Nobuto Kashiwagi, Yasuhiro Komori, Seiji Ishii, Masao Yoshimoto
- Music Composer: Jun Senoue
- Sound Effect Designer: Takashi Endoh
- Recording Engineer: Venom
- Sega Digital Studio Staff: Hirokazu Akashi, Yoshitada Miya, Sawako Sogabe
- Sons of Angels
- Songs are taken from the album "Thrill of the Feel"
- Voice Actor
- Spotter: Jacques Cornell
- Race Announcer: Dean Harrington
- Advisory Staff: Masahiko Amano
- EA Sports
- Executive Producer: Dave Ross
- Associate Producer: Ken Rogers
- Business Affairs: Robert Gonzales
- Legal Team: Pam Ostroff
- Licensing: Lisa Paulson
- Special Thanks: Eric Martin (Mr. Big), Takeshi Inoue (SEU), Misa Miyahara (SEU), Hideki Uematsu, Gayle Thompson, Kazuhide Shirota, Mitsuo Morikawa, Rena Kobayashi, Michael Hanna, Hans van Veenendaal, Shinko Music Pub. Co, Ltd/GiGS, Victor Entertainment, Inc., ESP Craft House, Shinjyuku Sports Land, Oval Magic
- Executive Producer: Kenji Sasaki
- Chief Producer: Jun Taniguchi
- Assistant Producer: Hirotaka Machida
- Assistant Director: Daisuke Izumi
- Producer: Kenji Arai
- Director: Isao Matsumoto
- Main article: NASCAR Arcade/Magazine articles.