From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Saturn|
|Genre: Fighting Action/Kakutou Action (格闘アクション), Action|
|Number of players: 1-2|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Nekketsu Oyako (熱血親子) is a 1994 beat-'em-up by Tecnosoft for the Sony PlayStation released as a launch title for that console. It was ported to the Sega Saturn in 1995. Neither version was released outside Japan. The title roughly translates to "Burning Blood Parent & Children".
The game is designed around humor rather than the usual serious style seen in the genre, e.g. stage 2 takes place inside a whale, alcoholic beverages (one of the many healing items) can only be consumed by Rando while his two kids get an "adult only" message instead.
Controls can be configured and follow the standards set by Final Fight and Streets of Rage: Jump, Punch, and a life draining Special attack. Unlike most games in the genre, there's a dedicated button for dropping weapons. Double tapping a direction makes the character run. Gameplay wise it stands out for having special moves activated by specific motions, also seen in games such as Street Fighter II or Streets of Rage 3. These are highly powerful and can be mixed with standard attacks at any time.
- Main article: Nekketsu Oyako/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
|511,059,024||CD-ROM (JP)||T-1802G V1.001|
- File:NekketsuOyako Saturn JP Box Back.jpg
- https://sega.jp/fb/segahard/ss/soft_licensee1.html (Wayback Machine: 2020-03-20 23:04)
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "July 1995" (JP; 1995-06-08), page 147
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 19
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "November 1995" (JP; 1995-10-07), page 17
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "August 1995" (JP; 1995-07-07), page 149
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "Readers rating final data" (JP; 2000-03), page 17