- For the 2017 video game console by Nintendo, see Nintendo Switch.
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Panic!, called Switch (スイッチ) in Japan, is a 1993 point-and-click adventure game by Sega for the Sega Mega-CD. You play as a cartoon boy who interacts with various different environments to save the world. Each object you interact with has a humorous/absurd effect. It is not related to Double Switch, a later Mega-CD game.
A working title of the North American translation appears to have been Haywire. Promotional material showed that the game was rated MA-17 by the VRC, but the final release was rated by the ESRB instead.
It was later remade on the PlayStation 2 in Japan.
Panic! Staff Credits
- Producer: Hajime Tabe
- Graphics: Renzo Kinoshita
- Music: Kei Tani
- Human Sound Effects: Kent Flick
- Production: Office I.
- Musical Production: Milestone Music Publishing, Inc.
- Voice Actors & Actresses: Fuyumi Shiraishi, Yoshiaki Umegaki, Rie Shibata, Masahiro Sato, Mitsuru Fukikoshi, Masami Hisamoto
- Game Design: Tomohiro Kondo, Katsuo Murata
- Game Coordination: Tomohiro Kondo, Chie Yoshida
- Tool Programming: Yuichiro Mine, Kenji Murayama
- Tool Operation: Tomohiro Kondo, Katsuo Murata
- System Programming: Akihito Wada, Yuichiro Mine, Hiroshi Okamoto
- Game Programming: Yuichiro Mine, Akihito Wada, Hiroshi Okamoto, Kenji Murayama, Yasutomo Kamei, Hiroaki Sakamoto
- Game Programming Assistants: Takayuki Iida, Kenji Sato, Kazuyuki Mukaida, Shin Futakawame, Ken-ichi Yokoo
- Graphic Design: Chie Yoshida, Jina Ishiwatari, Katsufumi Yoshimori, Satoshi Yokokawa, Kiyomi Shimazawa, Masami Hayashi, Keiichi Matate, Masayuki Hasegawa, Kumi Hasegawa, Koichi Sasaki, Masahiro Unno, Hironori Saka, Kentaro Yoshida, Akinori Nishiyama, Kazuyuki Hoshino, Shiro Kinemura
- Sound: Hiroshi Kubota, Masaru Setsumaru, Tomoko Sasaki, Shinji Kawahira
- Sound Support: Masaki Araki (Agrex Co., Ltd.)
- Testers: Mutsuhiro Fujii, Mitsutoshi Ozato, Tsuneo Shiga, Kei Takashima, Satoshi Tachibana
- Supervisors: Makoto Oshitani, Toshinori Asai, Yukio Sato, Hiroyuki Kawaguchi, Tokuhiko Uwabo
- Programming Cooperetion: Agrex Co., Ltd.
- Design Cooperation: Es Yu Es Corporation, A WAVE Inc.
- Music Cooperation: Watanabe Music Publishing Co., Ltd., Solid Gold Co., Ltd., Locker Room Co., Ltd.
American Localization Team
Data East U.S.A., Inc.
- Script: Ravi Gadhia
- Project Coordinator: Peter Stern
- Voice‑over Coordinator: David Hoffman
Sega of America
- Main article: Panic!/Magazine articles.
Print advert in EGM²
(US) #5: "November 1994" (1994-xx-xx)
also published in:
- Electronic Gaming Monthly (US) #65: "December 1994" (1994-xx-xx)
Print advert in Sega Visions
(US) #22: "December/January 1994/1995" (1994-xx-xx)
|Sega Retro Average
|Computer & Video Games (UK)
|| №142, p88
|| №14, p58
|Mega Action (UK)
|| №3, p30/31
|| №19, p44-47
|Mean Machines Sega (UK)
|| №10, p54-57
|Next Generation (US)
|| №2, p99
|Sega Power (UK)
|| №63, p72
|Sega Pro (UK)
|| №22, p63
|Sega Pro (UK)
|| №43, p44
|Sega Force Mega (UK)
|| №3, p56/57
|| №71, p84
| Based on|
| Mega-CD, US
| Mega-CD, JP
PlayStation 2 version
| PlayStation 2, JP
- ↑ File:GamePlayers US 0710.pdf, page 10
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/slpm65121.html (archived 2007-08-18 17:09)
- ↑ File:EGM US 065.pdf, page 141
- ↑ File:CVG UK 142.pdf, page 88
- ↑ File:MeanMachinesSega10UK.pdf, page 54
- ↑ File:NextGeneration US 02.pdf, page 101
- ↑ File:SegaForceMega UK 03.pdf, page 56
- ↑ File:VideoGames US 71.pdf, page 84