Phantasy Star Portable 2
From Sega Retro
|Phantasy Star Portable 2|
|System(s): PlayStation Portable|
|Developer: Sega CS3, Alfa System|
|Genre: Action RPG|
|Number of players: 1-4|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Phantasy Star Portable 2 (ファンタシースターポータブル2) is an action RPG developed by Alfa System and published by Sega for the PlayStation Portable. It is a sequel to Phantasy Star Portable, released a year earlier also for the PSP.
It was the first in the Portable series to support Infrastructure online play and included several improvements when compared to Portable and Phantasy Star Universe, including a revamped Class system, rolling, blocking and a brand new storyline taking place in many new areas yet keeping areas from the first game.
The downloadable version of the game was taken off of the US PlayStation Network sometime in 2011.
- Main article: Phantasy Star Portable 2/Downloadable content.
- Main article: Phantasy Star Portable 2/Magazine articles.
- For more information on the expansion, see Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity.
Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity is an updated version of Phantasy Star Portable 2 released exclusively in Japan. The expansion features the following:
- A newly added storyline (labelled as "Episode 2") that is set during the events of the original Phantasy Star Portable 2 (which can still be played as "Episode 1").
- A new race called "Deuman", a race consisting of humans who have mutated as a result of being infected by the SEED in the past. Their special attack is "Infinity Blast".
- Several new cosmetics and costumes as well as redesigned default characters to match the new costumes.
- Level 200 cap and "Character Rebirth", a feature that enables players to start levelling from the start but with improved stats.
- New Infinity Missions.
- Custom Missions.
- The return of Phantasy Star Online's "Visual Lobby" enabling players to interact with other players prior to joining a party.
- Screenshot functionalities to allow players to take screenshots of the game much easier.
ROM dump status
- Sega of Japan catalogue pages (Japanese): PlayStation Portable
- Official website on PhantasyStar.Sega.jp (Japanese)
- Phantasy Star Portable 2 on PlayStation.com: JP, JP (The Best), JP (digital), JP (Special Taikenban), US
- Phantasy Star Portable 2 on PlayStation Store: JP, UK, AU
- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Phantasy-Star-Portable-2-PSP/dp/B003Y3BFDG/ (archived: 2019-02-19 23:00)
- http://www.jp.playstation.com:80/software/title/uljm05493.html (archived: 2009-11-16 18:21)
- http://www.jp.playstation.com:80/software/title/jp0177npjh50043_00phantasystarport.html (archived: 2009-12-06 03:17)
- http://www.jp.playstation.com:80/software/title/uljm08030.html (archived: 2010-12-13 06:31)
- http://www.jp.playstation.com:80/software/title/jp0177npjh50043_00phantasystarport.html (archived: 2012-01-31 13:18)
- http://www.jp.playstation.com:80/software/title/jp0177npjh90062_00phantasystarport.html (archived: 2010-12-12 06:56)
- PlayStation Store (en-gb; EP0177-ULES01439_00-GPCPHANTAS000001) (archived: 2018-04-26 20:57)
- PlayStation Store (en-au; EP0177-ULES01439_00-GPCPHANTAS000001) (archived: 2018-04-26 20:57)
- PlayStation Store (fr-fr; EP0177-ULES01439_00-GPCPHANTAS000001) (archived: 2018-04-26 20:57)
- PlayStation Store (de-de; EP0177-ULES01439_00-GPCPHANTAS000001) (archived: 2019-02-19 22:48)