Space Harrier 3D
From Sega Retro
|Space Harrier 3D|
|System(s): Sega Master System|
|Developer: Sega R&D 2|
|Peripherals supported: 3-D Glasses, FM Sound Unit|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Space Harrier 3D (スペースハリアー３Ｄ) is a rail shooter developed and published by Sega for the Sega Master System. It is a sequel to the Master System version of Space Harrier, making use of the 3-D Glasses to create the illusion of depth as the player flies into the screen. The 3D effect may be turned off with a code if the player doesn't have the required Glasses: get a high score, then enter your name as "THREE" with the second controller to enable the option.
Space Harrier 3D was included on the Sega Ages 2500 Vol. 20: Space Harrier Complete Collection for the PlayStation 2 in 2005. As the original 3-D Glasses aren't compatible with the PS2, other 3D modes are available such as red/green anaglyph.
The Return of Space Harrier
Once, the peaceful Land of the Dragons had suffered under a reign of terror. Evil creatures stalked the land, leaving death and destruction in their wake. A call went out to the farthest reaches of the Galaxy for a Champion brave enough to challenge this evil.
The call was answered by Space Harrier, a young warrior with an atomic blaster and the ability to fly. With the help of Euria, the true Dragon Price, Space Harrier defeated the enemies of the Land of the Dragons and returned the Dragon King to his throne.
With peace again ruling the land, Space Harrier departed.
Then, one year later, the Dragon King died...and the Land of the Dragons was thrown into chaos! As Euria prepared to take the throne, his evil cousin returned from exile with an army of Euria's enemies!
In the violent battle that followed, the evil cousin invaded Euria's castle and took the throne. Even worse...Euria disappeared!
Now Space Harrier has returned to the Land of Dragons to find Euria and restore him to the rightful throne. But this time, he must journey farther than he ever has before, right into the jaws of the most vicious monsters in the galaxy!
To complete this mission, Space Harrier needs your help. The Land of the Dragons is depending on you!
- Main article: Space Harrier 3D/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- https://sega.jp/history/hard/segamark3/software.html (Wayback Machine: 2020-11-14 21:32)
- Computer Entertainer, "July 1988" (US; 1988-07-15), page 13
- Raze, "September 1991" (UK; 1991-07-25), page 77
- File:Spaceharrier3d sms us manual.pdf, page 4
- Complete Guide to Consoles, "" (UK; 1989-10-16), page 72
- Complete Guide to Consoles, "Volume IV" (UK; 1990-11-xx), page 107
- The Complete Guide to Sega, "" (UK; 1991-05-xx), page 62
- Computer & Video Games, "June 1988" (UK; 1988-05-15), page 118
- Dragon, "Vol. XIII, No. 11: April 1989" (US; 1989-0x-xx), page 66
- Mean Machines Sega, "October 1992" (UK; 1992-09-xx), page 136
- Power Play, "Ausgabe 5" (DE; 1988-05-24), page 89
- Sega Power, "October 1991" (UK; 1991-09-05), page 59
- Sega Pro, "April 1992" (UK; 1992-03-19), page 29
- Soft, "" (DK; 1988-10-xx), page 23
- Tilt, "Julliet/Août 1988" (FR; 1988-0x-xx), page 72
|Space Harrier series|
|Space Harrier (JP home computers | Elite versions | Sega Ages Vol. 2 | mobile | 3D) (1986) | Space Harrier 3D (1988) | Space Harrier II (Electronic) (1988) | Planet Harriers (2001) | Typing Space Harrier (2002) | Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 4: Space Harrier (2003)|
|Yu Suzuki Produce Hang On/Space Harrier (1997) | Planet Harriers The Original Soundtrack (2001) | Space Harrier II: Space Harrier Complete Collection Original Soundtrack (2005)|
|Space Harrier (video) (1987) | Space Harrier: White Dragon no Yuusha (1988)|