From Sega Retro
|Publisher: Sega (US)|
|Developer: Empire Oxford|
|Developer(s) of original games: Taito|
|Game total: 29|
|System(s): PlayStation 2, Xbox, PC|
|Number of players: 1-2|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Taito Legends is a 2005 compilation containing a number of arcade games released by Taito in the 1980s and early 1990s. It was published for the PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC by Empire Interactive (under the Xplosiv label) in Europe, however Sega were licensed to publish the PC, PS2 and Xbox version in North America, although the only appearance of their name and logo is on the packaging; the game itself only mentions Empire and Taito.
Several of the 29 included games have been released on Sega platforms, including Space Invaders, Bubble Bobble, Operation Wolf, Volfied, The New Zealand Story, Rainbow Islands, Space Gun, Thunder Fox and Rastan.
Notable differences include Rainbow Islands' omission of its signature theme inspired by Harold Arlen's "Over the Rainbow" as, rather than using the altered theme seen in many ports of the 1990s, the lead instrument is cut entirely.
Sega were not involved in any of the sequels.
- CEO Sega of America: Naoya Tsurumi
- Sega of America President: Simon Jeffery
- Sr. Vice President Product Development: Bill Petro
- Sr. Producer: David Cobb
- Producer: Jon Sell
- Additional Production: Martin Caplan
- Director of A&R: Noah Musler
- Associate Director A&R: David Wood
- Vice President, Marketing: Scott A. Steinberg
- Product Manager: Dan Gallardo
- Creative Services Specialist: Chris Mowry
- QA Director: Osamu Shibamiya
- QA Project Lead: Demetrius Griffin
- QA Analysts: Phil Hall
- Sr. Public Relations Manager: Bret Blount
- Public Relations Manager: Erica Rogers
- Associate Public Relations Manager: Ethan Einhorn
- Public Relations Coordinator: Jennie Sue
- Executive Producer: Simon Prytherch
- Project Lead: David Hunt
- Programming - Empire Oxford: Bryan McPhail, Jarek Burczynski, Mike Montgomery, Neal Tringham, Nicola Salmoria, Scott Williams, Steve Burge
- Programming - Atomic Planet Entertainment: Andrew Seed, Andrew Taylor, Duncan Chambers, Gary Gray, Martin Pegg, Richard Frankish, Stuart Leonardi
- Programming - Razorworks: Dan Clarke, Dave Proctor, Dave Lomas, Ioannis Venetsanopoulos, Todd Gibbs
- Art: Andy Debus (Razorworks), Pat Fox, Pete Lyon, Rick Nath (Razorworks)
- QA - Empire Oxford: Gavin Clark, Richard Hughes
- QA - Empire Interactive: Dave Cleaveley (Manager), Steve Frazer (Assistant Manager), Cliff Ramsey, Caolan Newell
- Additional Testing: Gaurav Hudva and his team at RelQ Software Pvt. Ltd.
- Producer: Jason Falcus (Atomic Planet), Steve Hart (Razowrosk)
- Producer Support: Steve Metcalf, Vince Farquharson
- Title Music: "Neon" and "Neon Lite" written and recorded by Jill Stark - Purity
- Sound Design:Richard Beddow
- Video Production & Japanese Translation: Tadasu Hasegawa
- Video Editing: Haydon Farrar
- Licensing: Calvin Hutt
- Special Thanks To: Aaron Giles, Fukio Mitsuji (MTJ), Phil Stroffolini, Tatsuya Hitasawa, Toshihiro Nishikado
- Source: US manual
- Main article: Taito Legends/Magazine articles.