From Sega Retro
Not Stoled... Uploaded... which is a very different thing...
The wiki registers the "Uploader" not the original scanner... i don't receive medals... i'm not even a full member... if you want credit just contact the staff and it will be given...if you have any complaints... again, ask the Staff... now everyone knows who scanned the manual... oh...i almost forgot... and who "STOLE IT" too... God...i knew i had to leave the Evil Syndicate... Crime doesn't pay...
Basta fazer seu próprio trabalho, ao invés de pegar o trabalho que outros fazem, como vc fez com vários e ainda diz que é seu.
- Write in english.... this is not a brazilian forum... Can you tell me where it says the scans are mine? Because i never claimed that...if you don't want your scans downloaded and uploaded by others just don't throw it in the internet...and you could have just contact me : example..."Hello Asagoth i'm Drasgondigger i'm the original scanner can you please put my name in there?" instead of accusing people of robbing...--Asagoth (talk) 02:00, 19 August 2017 (CDT)
Não é fórum brasileiro, mas bem que você gosta de pegar scans em sites brasileiro não é mesmo? O lugar onde você as pegou, tem meu nome, se você tivesse o mínimo de decência colocaria (créditos a...).
Você cria banco de dados, automaticamente outros pessoas vão pensar que o trabalho foi seu.
Mas enfim, depois dizem que os Brasileiros que são pilantras.
- It's the last time i will respond to messages that are not signed or written in a language other than English ... i'm not racist... so if you are brazilian, american, spanish, african, portuguese or even a K-Pax inhabitant...whatever for me... and yes i like to visit many sites not just brazilian ones... this is starting to look like a childish discussion " you stole my scan,you stole my scan"... i'm my own Master you know? So mind your business ...--Asagoth (talk) 02:41, 22 August 2017 (CDT)
- There's no point scanning things if you're going to scribble your name on them. We only care that game boxes are digitally preserved as accurately as possible. - Hivebrain (talk) 20:26, 21 August 2017 (CDT)
- I have to agree with Asagoth. If you are not happy or your EGO is affected by that, just PROVE that you actually own the game and... that the scans were really made by you, and they will be removed smoothly or something? Simple. :) I don't contribute to the Video Game History through this site at all, but I see my scans shared everywhere.... tumblr, personal blog, etc, etc. In most cases they don't even bother mentioning the "original source".
- The moment you put something online (publicly), it belongs to everyone, do you understand? And honestly, I don't even care who made the scans or whatever... seriously... who cares? If you want to share something, just do it... I will not "praise" you for scanning stuff, geez. The ppl who CREATED the games are the ones who should be praised, not a random... "Mr. Scanner". --Hydao (talk) 08:22, 22 August 2017 (CDT)
Não me importo que usem minhas scans, desde que os devidos créditos sejam dados, pois gastei dinheiro para ter o item e tive trabalho para fazer as scans.
Onde você viu marca d'água?
- Seu apelido escrito em uma imagem, assim como qualquer outra palavra, símbolo, ou mesmo uma única letra, trata-se de marca d'água. A respeito de créditos, foi adicionado ao manual, enquanto as outras imagens foram susbstituídas por outras sem nenhuma marca. Se você puder escrever em Inglês a partir de agora para que todos entendam, agradeceríamos. (PS: o segundo botão da direita pra esquerda adiciona sua assinatura) --AllisonKidd (talk) 19:56, 26 August 2017 (CDT)
Stop uploading watermarked scans
You appear to be having a tough time understanding what the purpose of Sega Retro is.
This wiki is all about preservation. Preservation of knowledge in the sense that we document Sega-related topics so that they're not forgotten, and preservation of physical "things", such as box or manual scans so that the world doesn't have to rely on people looking after printed documents in the real world.
What we are not here to do is to preserve an internet alias. We're after the highest possible quality scans (within reason) of manuals, so that if anyone needs a reference to the Brazillian Mega Drive version of FIFA 97, they can be assured that Sega Retro is the best place to come. By plastering your username over everything, this can't possibly claim to be the best scan available to the public. In fact, it actively makes the scan less usable, as well as damaging our reputation and setting a bad precedent for others, who might decide that they're going to watermark everything too.
We do not want watermarked scans uploaded to Sega Retro.
If you upload watermarked scans, I will delete them. And possibly suspend you for wasting my time. Please stop doing it.
file:Nights in to Dreams Manual.pdf - The pages are in the wrong order here. Did you scan the manual yourself, and if so, are the pages really in that order? - Hivebrain (talk) 16:27, 29 January 2018 (CST)
- He apparently removed the staples prior to scanning. --AllisonKidd (talk) 18:16, 29 January 2018 (CST)
I scanned the entire sheets, they are in the correct order for direct printing.
Usually other scanners crop the pages to put in numerical order.
Yes, I removed the staples and scanned the entire pages.
I don't know if the site has been revised.
My nickname was gone, I had to create a new account.
My contributions do not appear in the search field.
What may be happening?
- All accounts were deleted when we switched to the Retro CDN user database. - Hivebrain (talk) 17:03, 18 January 2020 (EST)
Hi. Could you create a section for the Worldwide Soccer game for PC? My game: