From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Publisher: Acclaim Entertainment|
|Developer: Sculptured Software, The Black Team|
|Licensor: Twentieth Century Fox, Gracie Films|
|Sound driver: GEMS|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Virtual Bart (バーチャルバート) is a video game starring Bart Simpson of The Simpsons, and was released for the Sega Mega Drive in 1994. It was the last Simpsons game to see a release on a home Sega console , the last to be published by Acclaim (whose handling of the franchise was seen as iffy), and the only Simpsons game on the Mega Drive to be published by them (the other games were published under their Flying Edge label).
Virtual Bart has Bart complete a series of minigames, randomly selected by a virtual reality machine.
For whatever reason, the Japanese box uses the pre-Saturn box format, including older informational icons.
- Programmed by: James Henn, Rob Nelson, Hung Nguyen, John Tomlinson
- Directed by: Hal Rushton
- Designed by: Hal Rushton, Rich Reagan, Dave Ross
- Lead Artist: Dallin Haws
- Art and Animation by: Rich Reagan, Joel Izatt, Mike Peery, Ray Cornia, Mike Ulrich, Virginia Sargent, Rob Kemp
- Music and Sound-Effects Arranged and Performed by: Sam Powell, Mark Ganus, Kingsley Thurber, Eric Nunamaker, James Hebdon
- Camp Bracken Staff: Vince Bracken, Gary Rowberry, John Howa, Scott Hanks, Brian Miller, Bryan Wong, Steve Jolly, Jeff Hanson, Matt Grate
- Acclaim Development by: The Black Team
- Producer: Mark Flitman
- Associate Producers: Doug Yellin, Tyrone Miller, Ken Kajikawa
- Analysts: Joe Cool Allocco, Michael Archer, J.J. Mazziotto
- Special Thanks to: Linda Spelman, Scott Marcus, Nancy Cartwright, Dan Castellaneta, Eric Samulski, John Guymon
- Source: In-game credits
- Main article: Virtual Bart/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- Game Players, "Vol. 7 No. 10 October 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 11
- Game Players, "Vol. 7 No. 12 December 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 157
- Games World: The Magazine, "November 1994" (UK; 1994-09-29), page 15
- Mega, "November 1994" (UK; 1994-10-27), page 60
- Player One, "Octobre 1994" (FR; 1994-xx-xx), page 129
- Sega Megazone, "September 1994" (AU; 1994-xx-xx), page 26
- Top Secret, "Sierpień 1995" (PL; 1995-xx-xx), page 59
|The Simpsons games for Sega systems|
|Bart vs. the Space Mutants (1992) | Krusty's Fun House (1992) | Bart's Nightmare (1993) | Virtual Bart (1994) | The Itchy & Scratchy Game (unreleased)|
|Bart vs. the Space Mutants (1992) | Krusty's Fun House (1993) | Bart vs. the World (1993)|
|Bart vs. the Space Mutants (1992) | Krusty's Fun House (1993) | Bart vs. the World (1993) | Bartman Meets Radioactive Man (1994) | The Itchy & Scratchy Game (1995)|