Difference between revisions of "Road Rash (Saturn)"
From Sega Retro
(Added Age Ratings)
|Line 29:||Line 29:|
Revision as of 18:44, 1 May 2018
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
- For the Sega Mega Drive, Sega Master System, and Sega Game Gear game, see Road Rash.
- For the Sega Mega-CD game, see Road Rash (Mega-CD).
|System(s): Sega Saturn|
|Publisher: Electronic Arts, Electronic Arts Victor (JP)|
|Developer: Buzz Puppet, The Advanced Technology Group|
|Sound driver: SCSP (1 track)|
|Number of players: 1|
The Sega Saturn version of Road Rash (ロードラッシュ) is an entry in the series with the same name, and the first 3D Road Rash game. This version of Road Rash was originally released for the 3DO console in 1994, pre-dating Road Rash 3: Tour De Force but being released after Road Rash II. It was brought to the Sega Saturn in 1996 (as well as the PlayStation and Windows PCs).
Despite sharing the same name, it is a different game from the original Road Rash released for the Sega Mega Drive, Sega Game Gear and Sega Master System - though the basic gameplay is similar, the world is presented in 3D and the game enjoys CD-quality audio and full motion video. It is also different to the Mega-CD version, though in this case some assets such as full motion video is shared between the two.
- Main article: Road Rash (Saturn)/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
- File:CVG UK 177.pdf, page 53
- File:MeanMachinesSega47UK.pdf, page 70
- File:GamePro US 096.pdf, page 74
- http://www.tectoy.com.br/releases/index.htm (archived: 1998-06-25 19:48)
- Computer & Video Games, "August 1996" (UK; 1996-07-11), page 62
- CD Consoles, "Juillet/Août 1996" (FR; 1996-xx-xx), page 6
- File:MeanMachinesSega48UK.pdf, page 75
- File:SSM UK 10.pdf, page 74
- File:SSM JP 19960726 1996-12.pdf, page 223
- File:SnGwSISDRZK Book JP.pdf, page 13
|Road Rash games for Sega systems|
|Road Rash (1991) | Road Rash II (1992) | Road Rash 3: Tour De Force (1995)|
|Road Rash (1994)|
|Road Rash (1994)|
|Road Rash (1995)|
|Road Rash (1996)|