From Sega Retro
|Made for: Sega Master System|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Control Stick is a Sega Master System joystick designed for right handed control, instead of the typical left handed set-up. It was sold for $20 to 25 in North America, and was also available packaged with the SMS cart OutRun (sold together for $45 to $65) or the Rapid Fire Unit.
The Control Stick functions exactly like a standard Master System Control Pad but attempts to give the user a greater sense of control over the on-screen characters. It is not particularly good for games that require precise movements.
Interestingly some versions of the Control Stick freely advertise its compatibility with home computers such as the Commodore VIC-20, Commodore 64, Atari 400, Atari 800 and Atari 2600. It is the only Sega peripheral to date to do this, though most Master System (and Mega Drive) controllers will function with these computers with varying degrees of success due to the systems sharing the same type of DE-9 control port.
- Main article: Control Stick/Magazine articles.
also published in:
- New Computer Express (UK) #21: "April 1, 1989" (1989-03-30)
- Computer & Video Games (UK) #91: "May 1989" (1989-04-11)
- New Computer Express (UK) #23: "April 15, 1989" (1989-04-13)
- ACE (UK) #20: "May 1989" (1989-04-06)
- Computer & Video Games (UK) #92: "June 1989" (1989-05-16)
- ACE (UK) #21: "June 1989" (1989-05-04)
|Master System, US|
- Computer Entertainer, "April 1987" (US; 1987-04-xx), page 14
- Computer & Video Games, "April 1989" (UK; 1989-03-16), page 105
- The Mastertronic Catalogue (UK; 1988), page 2
- New Computer Express, "April 1, 1989" (UK; 1989-03-30), page 9
- Computer & Video Games, "May 1989" (UK; 1989-04-11), page 84
- New Computer Express, "April 15, 1989" (UK; 1989-04-13), page 7
- ACE, "May 1989" (UK; 1989-04-06), page 68
- Computer & Video Games, "June 1989" (UK; 1989-05-16), page 89
- ACE, "June 1989" (UK; 1989-05-04), page 76
- Sega Klubilehti, "2/92" (FI; 1992-xx-xx), page 8
|Sega Master System|
|Topics||Sega Master System | Technical Specifications (Hardware Comparison) | History | Boot ROM | Magazine articles | Promotional material | Merchandise|
|Hardware||Asia | North America | Europe (West | North | South | Central and East) | South America | Australia | Africa |
|Add-ons||Demo Unit II | Telecon Pack | FM Sound Unit | 3-D Glasses|
|Controllers||SJ-152 | Control Pad | 3-D Glasses | Control Stick | Handle Controller | Light Phaser | Paddle Control | Rapid Fire Unit | Sports Pad | SG Commander|
|Misc. Hardware||Action Replay | Card Catcher | Action Case | Freedom Connection | Playkit|
|Unreleased||Floppy Disk Drive|
|Consoles-on-a-chip||Arcade Gamer Portable | TF-DVD560 | DVD Karaoke Game DVT-G100 | Fun Play 20-in-1 | Handheld Electronic Games | Master System 3 Collection | Master System 3 | Master System Evolution | Master System Handy | PlayPal Plug & Play | Poga|