From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Original system(s): Arcade boards|
|Sound driver: SMPS Z80 (modified)|
|Peripherals supported: Six Button Control Pad|
|Number of players: 1-2|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Gouketsuji Ichizoku (豪血寺一族), called Power Instinct outside Japan, is a 1993 arcade fighting game by Atlus and the first in the long-running series of the same name. Atlus ported it to the Sega Mega Drive in 1994, releasing it exclusively in Japan.
Plans were made to port the game to the US under the name Power Instinct (for release in October 1994 and later January 1995), but were scrapped (however a US SNES version was released under this name).
The game is a conventional fighter. , , and each perform a different variation of each character's base attack, with various combinations possible with the D-pad. Pressing twice makes a double jump (most of 2D and 2.5D fighting games doesn't do that).
- Main article: Gouketsuji Ichizoku/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- Game Players, "Vol. 7 No. 10 October 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 11
- Electronic Gaming Monthly, "December 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 310
- Beep! MegaDrive, "December 1994" (JP; 1994-11-08), page 24
- Famitsu, "1994-11-25" (JP; 1994-11-11)
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 86