From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Publisher: Wolf Team (Japan), Renovation Products (US)|
|Developer: Wolf Team|
|Original system(s): X68000|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Granada (グラナダ) is a 1990 shoot-'em-up by Wolf Team released in the US and Japan for the Sega Mega Drive and in Japan for the X68000. "Granada" is a mobile tank-like weapon whose origin is uncertain. In September 2016, Leon Todo, a private mercenary, accepts a task from an enterprise agent that takes him to Japan, where he finds Granada and uses it to complete said task.
The player is situated in a large field full of enemies, obstacles, and enemy generators that may be freely moved upon (unlike most conventional shoot-'em-ups). The goal of each level is to destroy each enemy generator (red dots on the HUD in the bottom right corner) and then a boss all before the timer runs out.
shoots a normal weapon (which can rapidfire) and shoots a missile (which can only shoot one at a time, though there is unlimited missiles, and will knock the player back a bit). Holding locks the orientation so moving the D-pad will not also rotate your ship. It is possible to find a miniature ship that will help in its own ways.
- Main article: Granada/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- File:Granada MD JP Box.jpg
- https://sega.jp/history/hard/megadrive/software_l.html (Wayback Machine: 2020-07-02 23:21)
- Electronic Gaming Monthly, "January 1991" (US; 199x-xx-xx), page 86
- Sega Force, "January 1992" (UK; 1991-12-12), page 10
- Beep! MegaDrive, "December 1990" (JP; 1990-11-08), page 4
- Beep! MegaDrive, "December 1990" (JP; 1990-11-08), page 25 (27)
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 84 (86)
- Complete Guide to Consoles, "Volume IV" (UK; 1990-11-xx), page 30/31 (30)
- Consoles +, "Février 1992" (FR; 1992-xx-xx), page 38-40 (38)
- Joystick, "Janvier 1991" (FR; 199x-xx-xx), page 110
- Mean Machines, "January 1992" (UK; 1991-12-27), page 106-108 (106)
- MegaTech, "Xmas 1991" (UK; 1991-12-06), page 26/27 (26)
- Sega Power, "October 1991" (UK; 1991-09-05), page 53
- Sega Pro, "Christmas 1991" (UK; 1991-12-12), page 41
- Sega Pro, "May 1992" (UK; 1992-04-16), page 62/63 (62)