From Sega Retro
|Type: Control pad|
|Made for: Sega Mega Drive|
The Invader 3 by QuickShot is a third-party controller for the Sega Mega Drive, sporting three buttons with turbo features. The Invader 3 is one of QuickShot's earliest controllers for the Mega Drive system, being replaced by the Starfighter 3+3 some months later. As with other QuickShot controllers, there are other "Invader" controllers - the Invader 2 for example is for the NES, sharing a similar plastic shell but with differing amounts of buttons (and plug).
The Invader 3 design was licensed by several peripheral companies, including Intertronic and TecnoPlus making it difficult to document. It is assumed that given their history and the existence of other variants, QuickShot designed this controller, but this has yet to be fully confirmed. Furthermore it is unknown which regions the Invader 3 was officially sold in.
- Main article: Invader 3/Magazine articles.
|Mega Drive, (Intertronic)|
|Mega Drive, (Tecno Plus)|
- Computer & Video Games, "June 1993" (UK; 1993-05-15), page 9
- Computer & Video Games, "November 1993" (UK; 1993-10-15), page 74
- Megazone, "November 1993" (AU; 1993-11-03), page 21
- Computer & Video Games, "December 1993" (UK; 1993-11-15), page 41
- Computer & Video Games, "January 1994" (UK; 1993-12-15), page 69
- GamePro, "October 1993" (US; 1993-xx-xx), page 89
|Third-party controllers for the Sega Mega Drive|