From Sega Retro
|Developer: Prope, Basiscape (sound)|
|Number of players: 1-4|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Let's Tap (レッツタップ) is a party game developed by Yuji Naka's studio Prope and published by Sega for the Wii. Along with Let's Catch, Let's Tap was the first game from Prope to be announced. Five of the game's mini-games were released as separate apps for iOS devices.
Let's Tap consists of a number of minigames that requires the player to tap a flat surface with their hands to play. This is achieved by placing the Wii Remote face-side down on a flat, stable surface, with the accelerometer picking up their vibrations as they tap the surface to move an on screen character.
The game features the following minigames:
- Tap Runner: Up to four players compete in a side scrolling race along an obstacle course where they must jump over chasms, climb up ramps and edge along tightropes, in addition to completing mini challenges such as inflating a balloon the fastest. The game is controlled with the speed of taps, with rhythmic tapping making the player jog, faster taps to run and a hard tap to jump.
- Rhythm Tap: Players tap in time to a moving timeline of musical beats.
- Silent Blocks: Players must pull away blocks that make up an unstable tower by carefully tapping. A puzzle mode variation sees players making stacks of three or more matching colored blocks in order to make them disappear.
- Bubble Voyager: Players control a character through a maze of floating mines, collecting stars along the way. The minigame also features a multiplayer battle mode for up to four players.
- Visualizer: A freeform mode where players use taps to create imagery such as fireworks bursting over a futuristic cityscape, paint splattering on a canvas, and ripples of water across a pond.
- Producer: Yuji Naka
- Director: Shunsuke Kawarazuka
- Main Programmer: Masakazu Miura
- Art Director: Hiroyuki Yamamoto
- Planners: Tomohiko Aita, Yusaku Yamanaka
- Programmers: Junichi Takeda, Nobuhiro Obata, Makoto Azuma, Takehiro Iwata
- Designers: Yoichi Hirakawa, Daisuke Takamori, Chika Kawaguchi, Junna Sato, Koki Tabi, Takeshi Ichimura, Mizuho Umezu, Naoki Taguchi, Mari Hamada, Hiroyuki Abe, Hidenori Oda, Yoshinao Oya, Ayako Tanaka, Takatoshi Kobari, Yoshinari Ukihashi, Yuta Otani, Takanobu Shindo
- Planning Assistant: Megumi Ishihara, Yuki Kuramochi
- Design Assistant: Kanako Uno, Chiaki Sumieda, Sayaka Ooa
- Programming Supports: Naoya Kurihara, Tetsuro Oguro
- Sound Composer: Hiroyuki Yamamoto
- Sound Creators: Masaharu Iwata (Basiscape Co. Ltd.), Mitsuhiro Kaneda (Basiscape Co. Ltd.), Noriyuki Kamikura (Basiscape Co. Ltd.), Azusa Chba (Basiscape Co. Ltd.), Miki Ito (Basiscape Co. Ltd.), Naofumi Hataya (Sega Co. Ltd.), Shinji Hosoe (Supersweep Co. Ltd.), Ayako Saso (Supersweep Co. Ltd.), Teruyoshi Kuysuna (Shoes), Fumitaka Shibata (Wave Master Co. Ltd.), Shigeharu Isoda (Wave Master Co. Ltd.)
- Executive Supervisors: Masanao Maeda, Takayuki Kawagoe
- Executive Producer: Okitane Usui
- Producer: Hiroyuki Miyazaki
- Director: Tetsuo Shinyu
- Supervisors: Seijiro Sannabe, Takeshi Shimizu
- Project Manager: Toyohisa Hiwatari
- Publicity: Mitsuru Takahashi, Takafumi Ueoro, Yusuke Watanabe
- Public Relations: Yasushi Nagumo, Mariko Takeda
- Business: Nobuhiro Tanaka
- Manual: Yoshihiro Sakuta, Hiroki Oosawa, Toshiki Yamaguchi
- Check Team: Akira Nishikawa, Akinobu Koechi, Nobuaki Konishi, Shunsuke Tomioka, Ryoko Sekiguchi, Yuya Sunaga
- Developed By: Prope
- Presented By: Sega
- Main article: Let's Tap/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
|Wii, ES (Limited Edition)|
- Official website on Sega.com
- Official website on Sega.jp (Japanese)
- Sega of Japan catalogue pages (Japanese): Wii
- Nintendo catalogue pages: JP, US, UK, AU
- Let's Tap Digital Sounds album on iTunes: GB, US, JP
- https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Wii/Let-s-Tap-281760.html (archive.today)
- File:Lets Tap Ships Lets Catch Announcement SOE.pdf
- http://www.nintendo.fr/Jeux/Wii/Let-s-Tap-281760.html (archive.today)
- https://www.nintendo.de/Spiele/Wii/Let-s-Tap-281760.html (archive.today)
- https://www.nintendo.es/Juegos/Wii/Let-s-Tap-281760.html (archive.today)
- http://sega.jp/wii/letstap/ (Wayback Machine: 2008-10-15 23:23)
- Nintendocu, "Ekim-Kasım-Aralık 2009" (TR; 2009-xx-xx), page 64
- Nintendo Power, "July 2009" (US; 2009-0x-xx), page 85
|Let's Tap series of games|
|Let's Tap (2008) | Let's Catch (2008)|
|Let's Tap: Bubble Voyager (2009) | Let's Tap: Gem Game (2009) | Let's Tap: Rhythm Tap (2009) | Let's Tap: Silent Blocks (2009) | Let's Tap: Tap Runner (2009) | Let's Tap: Rhythm Tap Free (2009) ||
|Let's Tap related media|
|Let's Tap Soundtrack (2009) | Let's Tap Digital Sounds (2009)|