NFL Blitz 2000
From Sega Retro
|NFL Blitz 2000|
|System(s): Sega Dreamcast|
|Publisher: Midway Home Entertainment|
|Developer: Midway Games, Avalanche Software|
|Distributor: Halifax (IT), Metro Games (AU)|
|Peripherals supported: Jump Pack, Visual Memory Unit|
|Number of players: 1-4|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
NFL Blitz 2000 follows a similar formula to Midway's arcade basketball series (popularised by NBA Jam, though NBA Showtime: NBA on NBC was the latest iteration at the time of NFL Blitz 2000's release), favouring fast-paced arcade style play as opposed to the more realistic simulations seen in the likes of NFL 2K or Madden 2000.
The Dreamcast version of NFL Blitz 2000 was rushed to release and had several flaws upon launch (not least of which, the PAL version lacking a side label). In the US, it was re-released a couple of months down the line - these versions can be identified by the "HOT NEW" label on the packaging.
NFL Blitz 2000 was followed by NFL Blitz 2001.
- Main article: NFL Blitz 2000/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
(Sega All Stars)
ROM dump status
- Press release: 1999-09-02: Sega Dreamcast Launch Titles and Peripherals
- Official Dreamcast Magazine, "November 1999" (US; 1999-10-05), page 111
- Press release: 2000-12-21: Midway's Popular Videogame Titles Selected for 'Sega All Stars' Program; Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, NFL Blitz 2000 and Hydro Thunder Among Top-Selling Sega Dreamcast Titles of All Time
- DC-UK, "December 1999" (UK; 1999-11-22), page 24
- Computer & Video Games, "January 2000" (UK; 1999-12-15), page 102
- Official Dreamcast Magazine, "November 1999" (UK; 1999-09-30), page 99
- Consoles +, "Décembre 1999" (FR; 1999-1x-xx), page 156
- Dreamcast Monthly, "January 2000" (UK; 1999-12-16), page 68
- Dreamcast Magazine, "No. 3" (UK; 1999-11-25), page 68
- Electronic Gaming Monthly, "November 1999" (US; 1999-10-05), page 233
- GamePro, "October 1999" (US; 1999-xx-xx), page 162
- Player One, "Décembre 1999" (FR; 1999-xx-xx), page 155