From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
| Distributor: |
Bignet USA (US)
|Original system(s): Arcade boards|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Raiden Trad, known as Raiden Densetsu (雷電伝説) in Japan, is a 1991 shoot-'em-up published by Micronet for the Sega Mega Drive exclusively in the US and Japan. It is an expanded port of Seibu Kaihatsu's 1990 arcade shoot-'em-up Raiden and the only game in their Raiden series of shoot-'em-ups on a Sega console.
and fire. By default, holding down the button will fire repeatedly but with delay between each shot. By turning on rapidfire in the options, will fire three shots in a row before a short delay ( remains unchanged). drops a bomb, which you have a limited supply of. Powerups are both collected from enemies and by destroying objects found throughout the levels (such as crates). Weapon upgrade powerups will cycle between two options.
The main weapon upgrade powerup, which is just a solid red or blue color, serves dual purpose. Bullets are "red," lasers are "blue." If you collect a main weapon upgrade of the same color as the weapon you have, the weapon is upgraded; otherwise, your current weapon is lost and you switch to the other one.
Two types of sub weapons are available: "missile" and "homing".
Though other third parties have ported it to various other systems, Mega Drive version was ported by original developer. When played on "normal" difficulty level, the game is the closest port of the 16bit era. The SNES content has cut content, the PC-Engine versions have more colorful graphics, but slight changes in stage layout and scrolling speed. Exclusive to the Sega is a 9th stage simply called "special stage", accessed after clearing the game once. This stage has all new graphics and a new boss.
This is a multregional release, the title changes depending on the systems coutry setting.
|Language||Localised Name||English Translation|
|English (US)||Raiden Trad||Raiden Trad|
|Japanese||Raiden Densetsu (雷電伝説)|
- Program: K.KONDO, H.MORI
- Graphic: M.KATO, BEYOND, TOSHI, B.WADA
- Music: AKIRA
- Main article: Raiden Trad/Magazine articles.
- Main article: Raiden Trad/Promotional material.
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
|Mega Drive, US|
- File:EGM US BuyersGuide 1992.pdf, page 15
- File:Supergame BR 12.pdf, page 33
- Sega Force, "January 1992" (UK; 1991-12-12), page 10
- File:BeepMD_JP_1991-07.pdf, page 34
- File:SSM_JP_19950901_1995-09.pdf, page 86
- File:ConsolesPlus FR 001.pdf, page 71
- File:GamePro US 028.pdf, page 55
- File:Generation4 FR 040.pdf, page 142
- File:MDAG UK 01.pdf, page 81
- File:MegaTech UK 01.pdf, page 79
- File:MeanMachines UK 15.pdf, page 134
- File:PlayerOne FR 015.pdf, page 106
- File:SegaPro UK 02.pdf, page 68
- File:SegaPro UK 05.pdf, page 33