Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
From Sega Retro
|Ready 2 Rumble Boxing|
|System(s): Sega Dreamcast|
|Peripherals supported: Dreamcast Arcade Stick, Jump Pack, Visual Memory Unit, Dreamcast VGA Box|
|Number of players: 1-2|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
The game is similar to Nintendo's Punch Out!, in that many of the boxers are comically designed. It was also one of the first games of its type to feature visible bruising and other facial damage as the fight progressed, something that saw much appraisal at the time of release.
It was a launch title for the system in the west and was both critically and financially successful, making it into the budget Sega All Stars range and spawning a sequel, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2.
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing initially shipped with errors and so was actually released twice. Newer versions can be identified by the "Hot! New" logo.
- Main article: Ready 2 Rumble Boxing/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
|Dreamcast, US (Hot! New!)|
|Dreamcast, US (Sega All Stars)|
- Sega of Japan catalogue pages (Japanese): Dreamcast
- Press release: 1999-09-02: Sega Dreamcast Launch Titles and Peripherals
- Press release: 2000-12-21: Midway's Popular Videogame Titles Selected for 'Sega All Stars' Program; Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, NFL Blitz 2000 and Hydro Thunder Among Top-Selling Sega Dreamcast Titles of All Time
- File:CVG UK 216.pdf, page 88
- File:DreamcastMagazine UK 03.pdf, page 7
- File:ROD ES 01.pdf, page 40
- File:Hyper AU 074.pdf, page 54
- File:EGM US 124.pdf, page 214
- File:Arcade UK 13.pdf, page 96
- File:DCUK 02.pdf, page 16
- File:DreamcastMonthly UK 03.pdf, page 58
- File:DreamcastMagazine UK 01.pdf, page 58
- File:DreamcastMagazine UK 02.pdf, page 76
- File:Edge UK 077.pdf, page 88
- File:PlayerOne FR 101.pdf, page 68
- File:DCM_JP_20000121_2000-02.pdf, page 23
- File:Dorimaga JP 20021011 2002-18.pdf, page 34