Shanghai II: Dragon's Eye
From Sega Retro
|Shanghai II: Dragon's Eye|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive, Virtual Console|
|Developer: Activision, Brian A. Rice, Inc. (also Silicon & Synapse?)|
|Sound driver: GEMS|
|Peripherals supported: Sega Mouse|
|Number of players: 1-2|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Activision had originally contracted Japanese developer Home Data to produce a Sega Mega Drive version of the game, which they released in Japan as Dragon's Eye Plus: Shanghai III. However, Activision was not happy with this version of the game, and rather than releasing it overseas or improving it for a Western release, they commissioned a brand-new Mega Drive port out to an American freelance developer, Brian Rice, and released this new port in 1994. This Mega Drive version was only released in North America before seeing a European Virtual Console release.
- Main article: Shanghai II: Dragon's Eye/Magazine articles.
- Press release: 1993-11-29: ACTIVISION'S 'SHANGHAI II' CHOSEN FOR NINTENDO GATEWAY SYSTEM(TM); SEGA GENESIS VERSION DEBUTS WCES '94
- File:GamePro US 056.pdf, page 174
- http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/GSY5uYeiemA9hi9Q9GVwe-toERW62y_i (archived: 2010-11-22 22:47)
- http://www.nintendolife.com/games/megadrive/shanghai_ii_dragons_eye (archived: 2017-07-04 14:50)
|Shanghai games for Sega systems|
|Shanghai II (1990)|
|Dragon's Eye Plus: Shanghai III (1991) | Shanghai II: Dragon's Eye (1994)|
|Shanghai: Triple-Threat (1995) | Game no Tetsujin The Shanghai (1995) | Shanghai Great Moments (1996)|
|Shanghai Dynasty (2000)|
|Super Shanghai 2005 (2005)|