From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Developer: Sega R&D 2 M2|
|Original system(s): JP Home Computers|
|Publisher(s) of original games: Falcom|
|Developer(s) of original games: Falcom|
|Sound driver: SMPS Z80 (banked)|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Sorcerian (ソーサリアン) is the fifth main game in Falcom's Dragon Slayer series of RPGs, first released for the PC-88 in 1987 before being ported to a variety of other systems. Sega ported it to the Sega Mega Drive in 1990 — this port was not released outside Japan (the IBM PC port was the only port of the time to be released outside Japan, published by Sierra) and unlike the other Mega Drive Dragon Slayer games, is not a product of the later Sega Falcom partnership.
In the main series, Sorcerian was followed by Dragon Slayer: Eiyuu Densetsu. However, as with other main series entries, Sorcerian received a number of its own sequels on Japanese home computers, including the Dreamcast game Sorcerian: Shichisei Mahou no Shito.
- Programmed: Kamikami, Si-Extra, Lunarian
- Scenario Written: Gamer Miki, L.C., Judy Totoya, Bo
- Music Composed: Bo, Jimita (music originally composed by Yuzo Koshiro and Mieko Ishikawa for computers)
- Graphic Designed: Judy Totoya, L.C., Chie Sama, Phenix Rie, Choko
- Manual Instruction: Mad Hatter, Fusen Hamsuta
- Special Thanks: Works Nishi, Gotoccyan, Ufo Zou, Pata, Okaru, Captain Elf, Locky P, Nao Nao
- Presented by: Sega
- Cover artwork: Hitoshi Yoneda
- Main article: Sorcerian/Magazine articles.
- Main article: Sorcerian/Promotional material.
|Sega Retro Average|
|Mega Drive, JP|
Error creating thumbnail: convert: unable to write pixel cache `/tmp/magick-_3DvmN-srVxBepGEYNG6hjY8hFcfuI1q': No space left on device @ error/cache.c/WritePixelCachePixels/6012. convert: pixel cache allocation failed `/tmp/magick-U47yyTmZh5JfexEQHexMnV_N3ck1tCNm' @ error/cache.c/AcquireCacheNexusPixels/5133. convert: Application transferred too few scanlines `/tmp/magick-U47yyTmZh5JfexEQHexMnV_N3ck1tCNm' @ warning/jpeg.c/JPEGErrorHandler/335. convert: unable to write pixel cache `/tmp/magick-_3DvmN-srVxBepGEYNG6hjY8hFcfuI1q': No space left on device @ error/cache.c/WritePixelCachePixels/6012.
ROM dump status
- File:Sorcerian MD JP Box.jpg
- https://sega.jp/history/hard/megadrive/software.html (Wayback Machine: 2020-07-20 09:51)
- https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/vc/software/08.html (Wayback Machine: 2018-03-06 23:35)
- http://vc.sega.jp/vc_sorce/ (Wayback Machine: 2008-09-22 17:29)
- Beep! MegaDrive, "March 1990" (JP; 1990-02-08), page 110
- Famitsu, "" (JP; 1990-0x-xx), page 1
- Mega Drive Fan, "August 1990" (JP; 1990-07-07), page 73
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 85
NEC Retro has more information related to Sorcerian.
|Dragon Slayer games on Sega systems / developed by Sega|
|Sorcerian (1990) | Lord Monarch: Tokoton Sentou Densetsu (1994) | Dragon Slayer: Eiyuu Densetsu (1994) | Dragon Slayer: Eiyuu Densetsu II (1995)|
|Falcom Classics (Dragon Slayer / Xanadu) (1997) | The Legend of Heroes I & II Eiyuu Densetsu (1998)|