From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Developer: Sega R&D 2 M2|
|Original system(s): JP Home Computers|
|Publisher(s) of original games: Falcom|
|Developer(s) of original games: Falcom|
|Sound driver: SMPS Z80 (banked)|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Sorcerian is a "modular" RPG with no overarching plot. Instead, the player designs a group of characters, and then selects a "scenario", typically a self-contained story. Player statistics and items carry through between scenarios, but the scenarios themselves can be tackled in any order (with some placing restrictions on the player, such as how many people can be in the party).
The original Sorcerian contained fifteen scenarios, though Falcom and others would release extra scenario discs in the years that followed. On the Mega Drive, there are only ten scenarios, however they are completely original and remain exclusive to this version of the game.
In the main series, Sorcerian was followed by Dragon Slayer: Eiyuu Densetsu. Sorcerian would return to Sega consoles with the release of Sorcerian: Shichisei Mahou no Shito for the Sega Dreamcast in 2000.
- Programmed: Kamikami, Si-Extra, Lunarian
- Scenario Written: Gamer Miki, L.C., Judy Totoya, Bo
- Music Composed: Bo, Jimita (music originally composed by Yuzo Koshiro and Mieko Ishikawa for computers)
- Graphic Designed: Judy Totoya, L.C., Chie Sama, Phenix Rie, Choko
- Manual Instruction: Mad Hatter, Fusen Hamsuta
- Special Thanks: Works Nishi, Gotoccyan, Ufo Zou, Pata, Okaru, Captain Elf, Locky P, Nao Nao
- Presented by: Sega
- Cover artwork: Hitoshi Yoneda
- Main article: Sorcerian/Magazine articles.
- Main article: Sorcerian/Promotional material.
|Sega Retro Average|
|Mega Drive, JP|
Error creating thumbnail: convert: pixel cache allocation failed `/tmp/magick-LSf0gTO3-3g77GTWI2rhFFSz7afxexUy' @ error/cache.c/AcquireCacheNexusPixels/5133. convert: Insufficient memory (case 4) `/home/sonicret/domains/segaretro.org/public_html/images/temp/transform_b28973bd3ad9.jpg' @ error/jpeg.c/JPEGErrorHandler/338.
ROM dump status
NEC Retro has more information related to Sorcerian
- File:Sorcerian MD JP Box.jpg
- https://sega.jp/history/hard/megadrive/software.html (Wayback Machine: 2020-07-20 09:51)
- https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/vc/software/08.html (Wayback Machine: 2018-03-06 23:35)
- http://vc.sega.jp/vc_sorce/ (Wayback Machine: 2008-09-22 17:29)
- Beep! MegaDrive, "March 1990" (JP; 1990-02-08), page 110
- Famitsu, "" (JP; 1990-0x-xx), page 1
- Mega Drive Fan, "August 1990" (JP; 1990-07-07), page 73
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 85
|Dragon Slayer games on Sega systems / developed by Sega|
|Sorcerian (1990) | Lord Monarch: Tokoton Sentou Densetsu (1994) | Dragon Slayer: Eiyuu Densetsu (1994) | Dragon Slayer: Eiyuu Densetsu II (1995)|
|Falcom Classics (Dragon Slayer / Xanadu) (1997) | The Legend of Heroes I & II Eiyuu Densetsu (1998)|