Tougi Ou King Colossus
From Sega Retro
|Tougi Ou King Colossus|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Developer: Sega CS, Makoto Ogino, Brainbusters, KNU, Team D-Axe|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Tougi Ou King Colossus (闘技王キングコロッサス) (also known as Tougi-Ou King Colossus, Tougiou King Colossus, or just King Colossus) is a 1992 action RPG developed by Sega, Makoto Ogino, Brainbusters, KNU, and Team D-Axe and published by Sega for the Sega Mega Drive exclusively in Japan.
The game stars a wanderer who does not know his own history and has a strange crest on his hand. An elder put this wanderer in charge of guarding his sword, which he stashed in a cave, but the thief Zakkar came in and took it while the wanderer was busy fooling around, and now the elder has forced him to retrieve the sword... too bad everything else has to go wrong today too!
The game takes a Zelda-like top-down perspective. jumps. swings the primary weapon (by default a short sword). uses a magic power. opens up a menu which displays the status, equip weapons/armor/magic powers, check items, and save.
Translation group M.I.J.E.T. created an English language fan-translation patch between 2005 and 2006 (as well as a special patch for people who distaste mild language).
A soundtrack album was released the same year, Image from King Colossus: Tougi Ou no Gensou Kumikyoku.
- Original Story Created By: Makoto Ogino
- Advised By: Brain Busters, Masanori Kinomiya
- Written by: Yoshibon, Sakatsu Rimo, K.N.U
- Original Characters Created By: Makoto Ogino
- Illustrated By: Atsushi Sugawara
- Art Directed By: Yoshibon
- Character Designed by: Sakatsu Rimo
- Graphics Designed By: Sakatsu Rimo, Yoshibon
- Programed by: Mr.Ito, Menme
- Sound Directed By: K.N.U
- Sound Advised By: Hata
- Directed by: Makoto Ogino, J.Yatsuchi
- Special thanks to: Phenix Rie, Hama, Matsu-G, L.C., LOCKY.P, Fuzzy, Sunsei, Marsh, Usagi
- Presented by: Sega Enterprises
- In-game credits (JP)
- Main article: Tougi Ou King Colossus/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
ROM dump status
- File:KingColossus MD JP Box.jpg
- https://sega.jp/history/hard/megadrive/software.html (Wayback Machine: 2020-07-20 09:51)
- Beep! MegaDrive, "July 1992" (JP; 1992-06-08), page 34
- Hippon Super, "August 1992" (JP; 1992-07-04), page 38
- Sega Pro, "December 1992" (UK; 1992-11-12), page 59
- Sega Pro, "April 1993" (UK; 1993-03-11), page 66
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 85