From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Publisher: Wonder Amusement Studio|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
In the darkness preceding the creation of the world Alpherion, three lights (red, green, and blue) were created. These lights desired domination, and so tried to destroy each other, creating a new darkness and a white light in the process. The white light, desiring peace, locked the other lights and the new darkness in crystals, encased itself in a diamond, and created Alpherion.
Apprentice magician Saria (サリア) is summoned by her teacher to consult a fortuneteller. The fortuneteller alerts Saria to dark wizard Gadou's incoming forces by capturing the great wizards of Alpherion (which Saria's teacher is one). The fortuneteller gives Saria items so she can go and defeat Gadou.
Control is similar to Mercs: you control Saria as she moves up the level; you can move freely around the screen as it will not automatically scroll, however you cannot go back down once you have gone up to a different part of the level. shoots (hold for rapidfire). sends out a strong magic attack. chooses a weapon. Powerups and magic attacks are found in treasure chests opened by shooting at them.
- Main article: Twinkle Tale/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- Beep! MegaDrive, "August 1992" (JP; 1992-07-08), page 74
- Beep! MegaDrive, "August 1992" (JP; 1992-07-08), page 25 (27)
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 83 (85)
- Joypad, "Septembre 1992" (FR; 1992-xx-xx), page 66-67 (66)
- Joystick, "Septembre 1992" (FR; 1992-xx-xx), page 177
- Sega Mega Drive Advanced Gaming, "October 1992" (UK; 1992-xx-xx), page 28-31 (28)
- Mega, "November 1992" (UK; 1992-10-15), page 52-53 (52)
- MegaTech, "November 1992" (UK; 1992-10-20), page 54-55 (54)
- Mean Machines Sega, "November 1992" (UK; 1992-xx-xx), page 108-110 (108)
- Sega Force, "November 1992" (UK; 1992-10-08), page 28-30 (28)