From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Original system(s): Arcade boards|
|Developer(s) of original games: Taito|
|Sound driver: SMPS 68000|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Volfied (ヴォルフィード) is an update to the arcade game Qix, and was released by Taito in 1989 in arcades. It was ported to the Sega Mega Drive in 1991, with the American release renaming it Ultimate Qix. The idea is to corner off 80% of the screen while avoiding obstacles.
The Mega Drive version of the game was not released in Europe.
|Language||Localised Name||English Translation|
|English (US)||Ultimate Qix||Ultimate Qix|
Note: The game does not attribute names to individual roles; the credits roll is merely a flat list of names.
- : H.Ichisumi, K.Yoshioka, Y.Sugihara
- : Y.Takasu, Shaman
- : K.Asakura, H.Yamamoto, Tomo
- : K.Oomori, H.Sawai, T.Kasuya
- : K.Hiza
- Taito Corporation 1990
- Source: In-game credits
- Main article: Ultimate Qix/Magazine articles.
- Main article: Ultimate Qix/Promotional material.
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
- Beep! MegaDrive, "February 1991" (JP; 1991-01-08), page 30 (32)
- File:SSM_JP_19950901_1995-09.pdf, page 87
- The Complete Guide to Sega, "" (UK; 1991-05-xx), page 27
- Joystick, "Mars 1991" (FR; 1991-xx-xx), page 126
- Raze, "July 1991" (UK; 1991-05-30), page 60
- Sega Pro, "April 1992" (UK; 1992-03-19), page 31
NEC Retro has more information related to Volfied.