Wani Wani World
From Sega Retro
|Wani Wani World|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Developer: Kaneko/Inter State, T's Music (sound)|
|Sound driver: SMPS Z80|
|Number of players: 1-2|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Wani Wani World (ワニワニＷｏｒｌｄ) is a reskinned Berlin no Kabe released by Kaneko in 1992 exclusively on the Sega Mega Drive. In South Korea, it is known as Ageo Nara (악어나라), which roughly translates to "Crocodile's Land".
Gameplay is identical to Berlin no Kabe, except both breaks and destroys a block and you only need one hit to destroy a block. Special items collected throughout the levels are used with . Each world has nine normal levels, an autoscrolling level forcing you to climb to the boss's chamber, a boss, and then another bonus round.
Early builds of the game retain the Berlin no Kabe look, and at one point the game was slated for release as Berlin no Kabe in June 1991.
- Source: In-game credits
- Main article: Wani Wani World/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- File:Megadrive Fan 1991-04.pdf, page 118
- Beep! MegaDrive, "February 1992" (JP; 1992-01-08), page 36
- Consoles +, "Mars 1992" (FR; 1992-0x-xx), page 92
- Console XS, "June/July 1992" (UK; 1992-04-23), page 136
- Famitsu, "1992-02-07" (JP; 1992-01-24), page 39
- Games-X, "13th-19th February 1992" (UK; 1992-02-13), page 22
- Hippon Super, "February 1992" (JP; 1992-01-07), page 97
- Joypad, "Avril 1992" (FR; 1992-0x-xx), page 80
- Sega Mega Drive Advanced Gaming, "October 1992" (UK; 1992-xx-xx), page 79
- Sega Mega Drive Advanced Gaming, "January 1993" (UK; 199x-xx-xx), page 95
- MegaTech, "April 1992" (UK; 1992-03-20), page 42
- Sega Pro, "March 1992" (UK; 1992-02-20), page 32
- Sega Pro, "April 1993" (UK; 1993-03-11), page 68
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 87