This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Assault Suit Leynos (重装騎兵レイノス) is a 1990 run-and-gun by NCS released in Japan and the US for the Sega Mega Drive. The US version was renamed Target Earth and published by DreamWorks.
Outcasts from Earth sent away to the far reaches of the universe return in powerful warships and begin getting revenge, attacking both the planet and its outposts around the Solar System. The Earth Defense League sends its warriors out to retaliate; each warrior is armed with a cyborg suit that makes them powerful enough to take on the outcasts.
Before each level, you are given the ability to choose which weapons to equip; switch weapons with and fire with . You can hold down for rapidfire and hold the D-pad to aim shots. jumps.
A sequel was released for the Sega Saturn in 1997 and the game was spin-off into Cybernator/Assault Suit Valken on the SNES, which itself received a sequel. Neither sequel was released outside Japan.
Also known as
||Jusou Kihei Leynos (重装騎兵レイノス)
||Assault Suit Leynos
- Main article: Target Earth/Magazine articles.
- Main article: Target Earth/Promotional material.
|Mega Drive, JP
ROM dump status
- ↑ Electronic Gaming Monthly, "July 1990" (US; 1990-xx-xx), page 18
- ↑ (archived: 2018-03-05 23:22) https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/vc/software/05.html
- ↑ (archived: 2007-10-28 11:39) http://vc.sega.jp:80/vc_leynos/
- ↑ Beep! MegaDrive, "April 1990" (JP; 1990-03-08), page 106 (108)
- ↑ Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 83 (85)
- ↑ Complete Guide to Consoles, "Volume IV" (UK; 1990-11-xx), page 27
- ↑ Mega, "January 1994" (UK; 199x-xx-xx), page 87
- ↑ MegaTech, "Xmas 1991" (UK; 1991-12-06), page 76
- ↑ Sega Power, "October 1991" (UK; 1991-09-05), page 52
- ↑ Sega Pro, "November 1991" (UK; 1991-xx-xx), page 37