From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive, Steam|
|Developer: Sega CS|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Fatal Labyrinth, called Shi no Meikyu: Labyrinth of Death (死の迷宮) in Japan, is a role-playing game developed and published by Sega for the Sega Mega Drive in 1991. In Japan, it was a Sega Game Toshokan download exclusive. In the game you play as Trykaar, who must enter Dragonia, the castle of doom and traverse its thirty levels to retrieve the Holy Goblet.
If the american version of the game begin played on a Japanese Mega Drive 2, the text will be translated to Japanese.
A Virtual Console version of the game was planned but never released.
The game is a roguelike where most levels of the castle are chosen at random from a predefined set. You will find monsters and items scattered at random. To fight a monster, simply run into it. To pick up an item, press while on top of it. opens up your inventory screen, where you can equip various weapons and armor and use magic items. confirms a selection and leaves the screen. If you find yourself stuck at a boundary, press to see if the boundary is a secret door. Pressing also skips the turn.
The game ends when you run out of health. You regain health by eating food found as items on the ground; health will slowly regenerate each few steps/turns as long as you have food. If you run out of food, you will rapidly lose health until you eat food or die. If you eat too much food (the "F" counter on the HUD exceeds or equal to 80), you will slow down. Eat more (F=99) and you die.
Magic items are randomly color-coded on each play.
|Language||Localised Name||English Translation|
|English||Fatal Labyrinth||Fatal Labyrinth|
|English (US)||Fatal Labyrinth||Fatal Labyrinth|
|Japanese||Shi no Meikyu: Labyrinth of Death (死の迷宮)|
- Planner: Carol
- Programmer: Mr. Lee, Papa
- Designer: Big Island, Azarashi, Sato (Tokumei)
- Music & Sound Composer: E Fugu
- Thanks to: Large Torrent, Hou-Ou
- Sega 1990
- Source: In-game credits
- Main article: Fatal Labyrinth/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
|Mega Drive, AU|
ROM dump status
|128kB||1991-01||Almost same as above, probably a hack.|
|256kB||1989-10||Sega Game Toshokan|
- File:BeepMD JP 1991-01.pdf, page 139
- File:VG&CE US 27.pdf, page 48
- File:EGM US 021.pdf, page 22
- http://steamdb.info/app/34289/ (archived: 2013-05-22 19:57)
- https://steamdb.info/app/34289/ (archived: 2017-05-22 20:32)
- http://steamdb.info/app/34289/ (archived: 2017-05-22 20:32)
- File:GamePro US 023.pdf, page 48
- File:MegaTech UK 01.pdf, page 77