Gunstar Super Heroes
From Sega Retro
|Gunstar Super Heroes|
|System(s): Game Boy Advance|
| Distributor: |
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
The game makes many references to classic Sega games, including After Burner, Flicky, Galaxy Force II and Thunder Blade. Unused music based on tracks from Altered Beast, ESWAT and Golden Axe has also been found.
In the past... Two heroes stood up against the Destructor, the God of Ruin known as Golden Silver.
After a mighty battle, these heroes defeated the God of Ruin at the Moon. However, when the heroes defeated the God of Ruin, it exploded, resulting in the creation of four new moons that eventually began to orbit the Earth.
Many years passed, and the moons were colonized. And so began an era of prosperity.
However, a fifth moon has recently emerged. A "machine" moon created by an organization only known as the Empire.
This man-made satellite looms ominously. It is apparently a part of the Empire's master plan to resurrect the God of Ruin once more, its obsession since it's discovery of a relic known as the Megalith.
However, the Empire's plan hasn't gone unnoticed. On the Earth, the organization known as "3YE" has secretly created an elite unit to counter the Empire's plan.
In recognition of the past heroes, this elite unit has been given the codename "Gunstar Super Heroes."
- Director: Tetsu Okano (Sega)
- Graphic Designers: Han (Treasure), Satoshi Yokokawa, Shinya Kaneko, Tomoharu Saito, Satoru Nakai, Tetsu Okano (Sega), Nami, Syoriya-3, Konig Ishida (Treasure)
- Programmers: Konig Ishida (Treasure), Nami, Yaiman (Treasure)
- Music: Non (Treasure)
- Sound Effects: S. Murata (Treasure)
- Story: Tetsu Okano (Sega)
- Special Thanks: Keiji Okuda, Ayako Taneda (Mausu Promotion), Haruko Hosaka (Treasure), A. Nishikawa, A. Koechi, K. Morii, H. Miyano, S. Yamagata, Y. Nakamura, SEGA Logistics Service
- Producer: Masato Maegawa (TREASURE)
- CEO: Naoya Tsurumi
- President/COO: Simon Jeffery
- Senior VP of Product Development: Bill Petro
- Director of Localization and QA: Osamu Shibamiya
- Localization Producer: Jason Kuo
- QA Project Lead: Shawn Dobbins
- Testers: Cliff Anderson, Chester Lee, Josh Pfeiffer, Davidson Talag
- Vice President, Entertainment Marketing: Scott A. Steinberg
- Associate Product Manager: Teri A. Higgins
- Creative Services: Chris Mowry
- Web Development: Chris Olsen, Bridget Oates, Rodwin Pabello
- Public relations: Jennie Sue
- Special Thanks: Rick Ribble, Cammy Budd, Tina Painton, Sandy Hatcher, Ayumi Tani
- Source: In-game credits
- Main article: Gunstar Super Heroes/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
|Game Boy Advance, FR|
|Game Boy Advance, ES|
ROM dump status
|Gunstar Heroes series of games|
|Gunstar Heroes (1993)|
|Gunstar Heroes (1995)|
|Gunstar Super Heroes (2005)|
|Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 25: Gunstar Heroes Treasure Box (2006)|
|Gunstar Heroes (2006)|
|Gunstar Heroes (2009)|
|Gunstar Heroes (2009) | Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 25: Gunstar Heroes Treasure Box (2012)|
|Gunstar Heroes (2010)|
|Gunstar Heroes (2011)|
|3D Gunstar Heroes (2015)|
|Gunstar Heroes (2017)|
|Gunstar Heroes related media|
|Gunstar Heroes (1993) | Gunstar Heroes Sound Collection (2005)|