From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Dreamcast, Windows PC|
|Publisher: Sega Sega PC Activision Value Publishing (US) Empire Interactive (Japan, Europe)|
|Peripherals supported: Dreamcast VGA Box, Jump Pack, Dreamcast Keyboard, Dreamcast Modem, Visual Memory Unit|
|Genre: Network Battle Simulation/Network Taisen Simulation (ネットワーク対戦シミュレーション), Simulation, Strategy|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Hundred Swords (ハンドレッド ソード) is a real-time strategy game released for the Sega Dreamcast exclusively in Japan. It was later brought to the PC. A PlayStation 2 version was announced (with online play) but was cancelled for unknown reasons.
A Hundred Swords
Real time strategy reaches new heights in this fantasy masterpiece.
After thousands of years of bloody wars, a fragile peace hung over divided land. For a hundred years the feared fighting nomads, the Nalavale had kept their peace...
Until now ...
A Thousand Battles!
Amazing plotline, told using unique comic-book style artwork.
Customize your generals with magical equipment.
Original battle mission objectives from assault to escort duty with so much in between!
Four tribes, four general leaders with four unique sets of troops.
Network mode - up to four players, on astounding levels, customisable for the way you want to play!
— UK PC box backcover 
- Director: 新湯 哲生
- Character Graphics: 杉浦 善夫
- BG Illustration: 綿貫 透
- Event Illustration: 山本 章史
- Sound: Wave Master
- Recording Studio: Wave Master
- Ending Theme: "Flame In Your Eyes"
- Special Thanks: 佃 耕衛, 矢北 法孝, 松浦 正明, 中平 裕介, 諸澤 祥子, 柴田 文孝, 林 正光
- Association Producer: 川越 隆幸, 佐藤 修
- Executive Producer: 新井 瞬
- Wave Master
- Wave Master Recording Studio
- MPEG Sofdec Copyright © 1998 CRI
- In Cooperation with: Smilebit™
- Presented by: Sega
- Main article: Hundred Swords/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
|PC, UK (Xplosiv)|
ROM dump status
- ↑ File:HundredSwords DC JP Box Back.jpg
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 http://sega.jp/dc/010104/ (Wayback Machine: 2007-02-22 02:35)
- ↑ https://sega.jp/history/hard/dreamcast/software.html (Wayback Machine: 2020-10-23 17:28)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 http://sega.jp/pc/hundreds/ (Wayback Machine: 2001-11-02 15:32)
- ↑ http://sega.jp/search/result.php?page=7&pf=11 (Wayback Machine: 2017-03-04 10:30)
- ↑ File:HundredSwords PC UK Box.jpg
- ↑ 576 Konzol, "Április 2001" (HU; 2001-xx-xx), page 42
- ↑ Dreamcast Magazine, "2001-05 (2001-02-23)" (JP; 2001-02-09), page 22
- ↑ Dorimaga, "2002-18 (2002-10-11)" (JP; 2002-09-27), page 33
- ↑ Famitsu, "2001-02-23" (JP; 2001-02-09), page 32
- ↑ GamePlay RPG, "Mars 2001" (FR; 2001-0x-xx), page 56
Main page | Comparisons | Development | Magazine articles | Reception
Books: Hundred Swords Perfect Guide (2001)
- Dreamcast Keyboard-compatible games
- Jump Pack-compatible games
- Dreamcast Modem-compatible games
- Dreamcast VGA Box-compatible games
- Visual Memory Unit-compatible games
- 1 player games
- JP Dreamcast games
- Dreamcast games
- 2001 Dreamcast games
- All 2001 games
- Dreamcast simulation games
- JP Windows PC games
- US Windows PC games
- DE Windows PC games
- ES Windows PC games
- FR Windows PC games
- PT Windows PC games
- UK Windows PC games
- IT Windows PC games
- PC games
- 2001 PC games
- PC simulation games
- Windows PC games
- Dreamcast games using Flash
- Dreamcast games with Sofdec video
- Dreamcast Windows CE games
- Use romtable template
- All games
- Credits without reference
- No ROM dumps
- Missing ROM dumps
- Hundred Swords
- Unreleased PlayStation 2 games