This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
NFL '97, not to be confused with Madden NFL 97, is an American football game released for the Sega Saturn in North America.
NFL '97's history is confusing, as it was passed around numerous developers and publishers before being released in slightly different forms for both the Saturn and PlayStation. It was originally announced as Jimmy Johnson's Football before Sega picked up the Saturn publishing rights, and on the PlayStation, it was upgraded and published as Jimmy Johnson VR Football '98 by Interplay (having been briefly licensed to Konami).
- Executive Producer: Manny Granillo
- Producer: David Locke
- Product Manager: Brad Hogan
- Marketing: John Gillin, Christine Bertoglio
- Packaging: Eileen Sacman, Sarah Wittmer
- Manual: Curtis Clarkson, Verdoni Multi Media
- Special Thanks: Monty Amdursky, Adrian De Groot, Angela Edwards, Gene Goldberg, John Leonhardt, Howard Skall, Bernie Stolar, Mark Subotnick, Clay Walker, NFL Properties, Players Inc., NFL Films, and NFL Photos
- Art Director: Robert Steele
- Art Staff: Andy Probert, Andy Mundy, Greg Hancock, Betty Cunningham, Ben Fischer, Cathrin Polcz, Dean Ruggles, Stieg Hedlund, Alan Ackerman, Joe Stephenson, Ross Harris
- Lead Tester: Lorne Asuncion
- Assistant Leads: Mark Paniagua, Sean Potter, Rodric Hong
- Testers: Danny Dunn, Loren Miller, Dave Paniagua, Marc Dawson, Dave Dodge, Lance Nelson, Don Carmichael, Mark Lerma, Matt Ironside, Abe Navarro, Matt Underwood, Steve Bourdet, John Regul, Robert Hernandez, Ryan Hurth, Jason Deguzman, Mike Usi, Jason Phillyaw
- Producers: Bernie Whang, Bobby King, Bill McDonald - Asst.
- Executive Producer: Mike Knauer
- Lead Programming:
- Graphics and Shell: Andy Green
- A.I.: Mike Knauer
- Additional Programming: Mike Heilemann, Nigel Spencer
- Artwork: Alvyn Ramirez, Dan Santiago, Scott Sava, Steve Quinn, Bernie Whang
- Design: Bernie Whang, Bobby King, Scott Sava, Mike Knauer, Andy Green
- Play Design: Bobby King
- Music: Barry Blum
- Testing: Bill McDonald - Lead, Adrian Fernandez, Sergio Fernandez, Phil Fisher-Ogden, Aaron Freedman, Rick Issa, Bobby King, Bernie Whang
- Special Thanks: Chris Deel, Tom Reuterdahl, Dennis McIntyre, Juan Sanchez, Cheri Johnson, Davy Terry, Mimi Doggett
- US manual
- Main article: NFL '97/Magazine articles.
Print advert in EGM²
(US) #29: "November 1996" (1996-xx-xx)
ROM dump status
||81111 (Alt) V2.010
- ↑ http://sega-saturn.com/software.htm (Wayback Machine: 1996-12-15 06:01)
- ↑ Press release: 1996-05-16: ALL-STAR LINE-UP OF SEGA SPORTS VIDEOGAMES EXPANDS THE PROVEN TOP-SELLING FRANCHISE
- ↑ Game Informer, "August 1997" (US; 1997-xx-xx), page 31
- ↑ File:Nfl97 sat us manual.pdf, page 19
- ↑ Intelligent Gamer, "January 1997" (US; 1996-xx-xx), page 9
- ↑ GamePro, "February 1997" (US; 1997-xx-xx), page 94
- ↑ Intelligent Gamer, "January 1997" (US; 1996-xx-xx), page 60
- ↑ Ultra Game Players, "February 1997" (US; 1997-01-28), page 89