Prime Time NFL Football Starring Deion Sanders
From Sega Retro
|Prime Time NFL Football Starring Deion Sanders|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Peripherals supported: Team Player|
|Number of players: 1-4|
Prime Time NFL Football Starring Deion Sanders is an American football game for the Sega Mega Drive. It was only released in North America. Sega 32X and Sega Saturn versions were planned, but cancelled.
Players can play exhibition games, or play through a season.
Playing through a season takes you through the 1993, 1994 AND 1995 NFL seasons, and includes the expansion teams: The Jacksonville Jaguars and The Carolina Panthers in the 1995 season.
Prime Time NFL Football Starring Deion Sanders, originally just known as Prime Time NFL Football was originally announced in mid-1995, however the majority of its promotional material erroneously listed a Winter 1996 release date instead of Winter 1995 (alongside NBA Action on the Sega Saturn, which actually released in June 1996). The Mega Drive version was released on time, however the 32X and Saturn versions were delayed and inevitably cancelled for unknown reasons. As the Mega Drive game simply builds on the NFL '95 engine, it can be assumed a possible move to more advanced hardware may have been a cause for the initial delay.
No screenshots were ever released of the 32X or Saturn versions, however the 32X version in particular was extensively advertised in North America (and both received ESRB ratings). There is nothing to suggest any versions of the game were set to be released outside of this region.
The Saturn version may have become NFL '97 somewhere down the line, given that after its missed target of Winter 1995 (and the impending demise of the 32X console) a new NFL season had started and needed to be taken into account to remain competitve.
- Programming and Technical Design: Jay Obernolte
- Animation and art Direction: Doug Wike
- Game Design and Direction: Michael Brook
- Additional Art: Lori Champney
- Additional Game Design: Dan Brook
- Producer: Scott Rohde
- Executive Producer: Wayne Townsend
- Assistant Producers: David Perkinson, Matt Underwood
- Marketing: John Gillin, Anne Moellering
- Sound and Music: Andy Armer
- Player Photos: Photo File
- Manual: Tim Flanagan
- Sega Sports Special Teams: Lorne Asuncion, Chris Cutliff, Gerald DeYoung, Rosie Freeman, Tracy Johnson, Mike Meischeid, Todd Morgan, Mark Paniagua, Chris Smith, Terry Thomas
- Test Lead: Lance Nelson
- Assistant Leads: Marc Dawson, Ty Johnson, Marcus King, Xen Lang
- Testers: Abe Navarro, Bart Larrenaga, Mike Benton, Dana Walker, Jose Ochoa, Eric Molina, Mark Subotnick, Steve Thompson, Mark Lerma, Brian Murphy, Ray Suansing, Greg Spalasso, Yancy Gordon, Dwane Beadles, David Mefford, Stephen Perez, Don Tica, Polly Villatuya, Kris Lester, Kemrexx George
- Video Boy: Lorne Asuncion
- Housing and Catering: Heather Lester
- Special Thanks To: Tom Abramson, Gene Goldberg, Thys Heyneker, Mark Lindstrom, Willie Mancero, Joe Miller, Susannah Nukes, Steve Payne, Bryan Reilly, Mike Ribero, Clay Walker
- Moral Support: Jennie Brook, Heather Lester, Kim Rohde
|Mega Drive, US|
|American Football games published by Sega|
|Joe Montana Football (Mega Drive) (Master System/Game Gear) (DOS) (1990) | Joe Montana II Sports Talk Football (1991) | NFL Sports Talk Football '93 Starring Joe Montana (1992) | Joe Montana's NFL Football (1993) | NFL Football '94 Starring Joe Montana (1993) | NFL '95 (1994) | Prime Time NFL Football Starring Deion Sanders (1995) | NFL '97 (1996) | NFL 98 (1997)|
|Joe Montana NFL Football (IBM PC) (unreleased)|
|College Football's National Championship (1994) | College Football's National Championship II (1995) | NCAA College Football 2K2 (2001) | NCAA College Football 2K3 (2002)|
|NFL 2K Series|
|NFL 2K (1999) | NFL 2K1 (2000) | NFL 2K2 (2001) | NFL 2K3 (2002) | ESPN NFL Football (2003) | ESPN NFL 2K5 (2004)|