From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Developer: Tengen, Sterling Silver Software|
|Original system(s): Arcade boards|
|Publisher(s) of original games: Atari Games|
|Developer(s) of original games: Atari Games|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
In Road Blasters, you drive a car armed with various weapons, and need to travel across various tracks shooting enemy cars while avoiding obstacles without running out of fuel. Players can crash as often as they like, but this will also lead to a loss of fuel, so it is not recommended. The car automatically accelerates, and fires.
On the Mega Drive, Road Blasters is very similar to its arcade counterpart, however some palettes are different for unknown reasons, and all digitised speech is missing. The graphics were also altered for the lower resolution display of the Mega Drive console (320x224 vs. the arcade's 336x240), however the core gameplay remains in-tact, and is generally considered to be amongst the most accurate home conversions of the game.
'July' and 'October' builds of the final retail release exist; differences are and release information is unknown.
- Programmed by: Sterling Silver Software
- Sound by: Earl Vickers
- Main article: Road Blasters/Magazine articles.
- Main article: Road Blasters/Promotional material.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- https://sega.jp/history/hard/megadrive/software_l.html (Wayback Machine: 2020-07-02 23:21)
- Beep! MegaDrive, "March 1992" (JP; 1992-02-08), page 148
- GamePro, "June 1991" (US; 1991-xx-xx), page 42
- 1700 igr dlya Sega, "" (RU; 2003-xx-xx), page 252
- ACE, "March 1992" (UK; 1992-02-08), page 86
- Beep! MegaDrive, "March 1992" (JP; 1992-02-08), page 37
- Cool Gamer, "9" (RU; 2002-10-13), page 171
- Electronic Gaming Monthly, "December 1991" (US; 1991-1x-xx), page 22
- Famitsu, "1992-03-06" (JP; 1992-02-21), page 39
- Hippon Super, "March 1992" (JP; 1992-02-04), page 82
- Joypad, "Janvier 1992" (FR; 1991-12-1x), page 77
- Joystick, "Janvier 1992" (FR; 199x-xx-xx), page 128
- Mega Drive Fan, "May 1992" (JP; 1992-04-XX), page 115
- Mega, "June 1994" (UK; 1994-05-19), page 65
- MegaTech, "June 1992" (UK; 1992-05-20), page 49
- Sega Pro, "April 1993" (UK; 1993-03-11), page 67
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 86
- Tricks 16 bit, "Tricks Sega Gold 800 igr" (RU; 1998-xx-xx), page 144