From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Sound driver: SMPS Z80|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Saint Sword (セイントソード) is a 1991 action game for the Sega Mega Drive by Taito. Unlike Taito's previous Mega Drive releases, which were all ports or expanded remakes of Taito's earlier arcade games, this is an entirely original game made exclusively for the system.
The goal of each level is to find a key to an exit and then find that exit. attacks. jumps; + jumps down from the current platform. Over the course of the game, you collect magical tokens that enable you to transform into various beings to complete your quest. pulls up the transformation menu and transforms. Transformations only last a limited time and require magic power!
Progress is recorded through a password system.
- Main article: Saint Sword/Magazine articles.
- Main article: Saint Sword/Promotional material.
|Sega Retro Average|
|Mega Drive, US|
ROM dump status
- Sega Pro, "November 1991" (UK; 1991-xx-xx), page 9
- Beep! MegaDrive, "July 1991" (JP; 1991-06-08), page 31 (33)
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 85 (87)
- Joypad, "Octobre 1991" (FR; 1991-xx-xx), page 60-61 (60)
- Joypad, "Octobre 1991" (FR; 1991-xx-xx), page 80
- Sega Power, "October 1991" (UK; 1991-09-05), page 54
- Sega Pro, "March 1992" (UK; 1992-02-20), page 63
- Sega Force, "October 1992" (UK; 1992-09-10), page 66/67 (66)