The Cyber Shinobi
From Sega Retro
|The Cyber Shinobi|
|System(s): Sega Master System|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
The Cyber Shinobi is a Sega Master System game released in 1990 by Sega. It is a sequel to Shinobi, set in the future time of "2XXX", where the grandson of Joe Musashi must defeat the evil Cyber Zeed terrorist organisation who stole massive amounts of plutonium from world governments and threaten to start a nuclear war.
Game was not well received due to its slow gameplay and the large status screen that covers nearly 30 percent of the screen.
Cyber Shinobi is a platforming game. Musashi's main weapons is a sword which he can use to attack his enemies. By pressing down , he can make a powerful slash. By pressing , Musashi can jump and by pressing and holding , he can make a long jump; holding and pressing makes Musashi jump higher.
Traditional in Shinobi games, Musashi also has access to Ninja Magic. Similar to shot power-ups, he can use stronger ninja magic by not using the magic immediately and saving them. Difference between magics, other than overall damage is simply cosmetic, however.
- Shuriken: A powerful ninja star that moves in a straight line.
- Arm Vulcan: Musashi removes his cyborg arm and unleashes a stream of bullets in from of him. Weaker than other weapons but very fast.
- Grenade: A hand grenade causes massive damage and moves over a small parabolic arc.
|Stage 1 - Construction Site|
|Boss: Crazy Bull, a modified bulldozer.|
|Stage 2 - Harbor|
|Boss: Sea Bat, a powerful submarine armed with missiles.|
|Stage 3 - Field|
|Boss: Heli Blast, an attack helicopter.|
|Stage 4 - Jungle|
|Boss: Blacktiger, an overgrown beast as the name implies.|
|Stage 5 - Waterfall|
|Boss: Red Hopper, a octopus-like robot.|
|Stage 6 - Enemy Hideout|
|Boss: Psy Gunner, a robot equipped with a variety of weapons and a protective barrier.|
- Main article: The Cyber Shinobi/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
|Master System, AU|
ROM dump status
- File:Raze UK 07.pdf, page 48
- Sega Power, "May 1991" (UK; 1991-04-04), page 31
- Mean Machines, "February 1991" (UK; 1991-02-01), page 74
- File:Supergame BR 08.pdf, page 48
- File:TheCompleteGuideToSega UK.pdf, page 25
- File:CVG UK 114.pdf, page 74
- File:MeanMachinesEssentialSegaGuide Book UK.pdf, page 132
- File:Joystick FR 014.pdf, page 150
- File:MeanMachines UK 05.pdf, page 72
- File:PlayerOne FR 007.pdf, page 41
- File:PowerPlay DE 034.pdf, page 182
|The Cyber Shinobi|