Shinobi II: The Silent Fury
From Sega Retro
|Shinobi II: The Silent Fury|
|System(s): Sega Game Gear|
|Developer: Sega CS|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Main Weapon: Short range sword slash.
Special Technique: None
Ninjutsu: Teleports to the beginning of the level.
Main Weapon: Mid range strike with Manriki-Kusari.
Special Technique: Use the chain to swing from grappling points.
Ninjutsu: Tatsumaki. Turns into a whirlwind and can fly around the screen. Can be used to reach high up places.
Main Weapon: A large shuriken with sharp edges that can return to user after throwing. (Seems like a bad idea)
Special Technique: Walk over Water
Ninjutsu: Ikazuchi. Creates a shield of lightning around the user that will protect him for a set amount of time.
Main Weapon: Short range bombs. Heavy damage to most enemies.
Special Technique: Walk on ceilings.
Ninjutsu: Flash. Illuminates dark areas until the area is cleared.
Main Weapon: Small Shurikens. Weak power but longest range.
Special Technique: Double jump. While double jumping, pressing the attack button fires shurikens towards to front.
Ninjutsu: Earthquake. Damages all enemies in the screen and destroys weakened boulders.
|The Pink Crystal is hidden within the castle, with the Pink Ninja joining your team on defeating the boss.|
|The Yellow Crystal is hidden here, and the Yellow Ninja is unlocked after beating the round.|
|The Blue Crystal can be found within the caves of the canyon, and the Blue Ninja held by the round's boss.|
|The Green Crystal is somewhere in the Factory, and defeating the boss will reward you with the Green Ninja.|
|Unlocked once you have all the Crystals and Ninjas, this incredibly tough maze has a few surprises before you reach the final boss...|
|Language||Localised Name||English Translation|
|English||Shinobi II: The Silent Fury||Shinobi II: The Silent Fury|
|English (US)||Shinobi II: The Silent Fury||Shinobi II: The Silent Fury|
|Japanese||Ｔｈｅ ＧＧ忍II||The GG Shinobi II|
- Main article: Shinobi II: The Silent Fury/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- GamePro, "July 1992" (US; 1992-xx-xx), page 90
- GamePro, "November 1992" (US; 1992-xx-xx), page 176
- GamePro, "April 1993" (US; 1993-xx-xx), page 150
- Sega Pro, "April 1993" (DE; 1993-03-26), page 31
- Computer & Video Games, "February 1993 (Go! Issue 16)" (UK; 1993-01-15), page 20
- Hobby Consolas, "Marzo 1993" (ES; 1993-xx-xx), page 29
- Todo Sega, "Abril 1993" (ES; 1993-03-15), page 2
- Computer & Video Games, "February 1993 (Go! Issue 16)" (UK; 1993-01-15), page 20/21 (20)
- GamePro, "April 1993" (US; 1993-xx-xx), page 160 (150)
- Joystick, "Novembre 1992" (FR; 1992-xx-xx), page 166
- Player One, "Janvier/Février 1993" (FR; 1993-01-10), page 100/101 (96)
- Sega Force, "January 1993" (UK; 1992-12-10), page 86/87 (86)