From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Developer: Nexus Interact|
|Original system(s): NeoGeo|
|Publisher(s) of original games: SNK|
|Developer(s) of original games: Sammy|
|Sound driver: SMPS Z80 (banked)|
|Number of players: 1-2|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Viewpoint is a 1992 shoot-'em-up by Sammy originally released for the Neo-Geo arcade hardware before being ported to a variety of consoles, including a USA exclusive port to the Sega Mega Drive in 1994. A Sega Saturn port was announced at E3 1995 by Electronic Arts for release in (March) 1996, but was cancelled.
The game takes place in a series of isometrically-projected corridors (as in Zaxxon) filled with enemies. The player can move around the screen freely using the directional pad. The direction the ship is facing affects the direction the ship will move. This means pressing will move up on the screen rather than forward across the field, but the screen will automatically scroll forward. shoots a single shot but can be held down to charge the shot for a stronger attack. and fire a special bomb.
Three bombs are given for each life but can be regained by collecting "P" powerups scattered throughout levels. The HUD displays which bombs each player has; bombs are used from left to right. Red bombs release multiple lines of fire across the field. Green bombs release bomb-like bullets which home in to nearby enemies. Blue bombs create circular energy blasts on the ground, damaging anything that passes over them. The only other collectable powerup in the game is two sub-ships that fire along with the ship.
- Game Design: Nenko, Morii, Terasaka, Mokichi, Akahoushi, Run
- Program: S.Kinjo, M.Tani
- Sound: Sizlla, Masaki Kase, Megumi M.
- Polygonizer: N.Yamaguchi
- Graphic: Ashin, H.Takeuchi, Yuri Tomura, Maxma, Miyaki, Ken Katoku, Chirico
- BG: H.T, K.Nishithuka
- Special Thanks: Ueno, Nao Yuki, Wakker, Takano, S.Sato, Asc
- Nexus Interact: Emuta, Chikako.K, M.Asakawa, Fukurou, Hyoh.A, Nashi, Kani
- Genesis Producer: Kiyoshi Fujii
- Main article: Viewpoint/Magazine articles.
also published in:
also published in:
- Tips & Tricks (US) #11: "January 1996" (199x-xx-xx)
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
- Press release: 1995-05-10: Electronic Arts previews new Sega Saturn titles at Electronic Entertainment Expo
- Saturn+, "Easter/April 1996" (UK; 1996-xx-xx), page 10
- File:CVG UK 176.pdf, page 49
- File:EGM2 US 05.pdf, page 83
- File:EGM US 065.pdf, page 59
- File:SegaVisions US 22.pdf, page 107
- File:GamePro US 066.pdf, page 37
- File:TipsandTricks US 011.pdf, page 20
- File:ConsolesPlus FR 042.pdf, page 94
- File:MegaFun DE 1995-04.pdf, page 81
- File:NextGeneration US 03.pdf, page 106