From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Developer: Nexus Interact|
|Original system(s): Neo Geo|
|Publisher(s) of original games: SNK|
|Developer(s) of original games: Sammy|
|Sound driver: SMPS Z80 (banked)|
|Number of players: 1-2|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Viewpoint is a 1992 shoot-'em-up by Sammy originally released for the Neo-Geo arcade hardware before being ported to a variety of consoles, including a USA exclusive port to the Sega Mega Drive in 1994.
The game takes place in a series of isometrically-projected corridors (as in Zaxxon) filled with enemies. The player can move around the screen freely using the directional pad. The direction the ship is facing affects the direction the ship will move. This means pressing will move up on the screen rather than forward across the field, but the screen will automatically scroll forward. shoots a single shot but can be held down to charge the shot for a stronger attack. and fire a special bomb.
Three bombs are given for each life but can be regained by collecting "P" powerups scattered throughout levels. The HUD displays which bombs each player has; bombs are used from left to right. Red bombs release multiple lines of fire across the field. Green bombs release bomb-like bullets which home in to nearby enemies. Blue bombs create circular energy blasts on the ground, damaging anything that passes over them. The only other collectable powerup in the game is two sub-ships that fire along with the ship.
- Game Design: Nenko, Morii, Terasaka, Mokichi, Akahoushi, Run
- Program: S.Kinjo, M.Tani
- Sound: Sizlla, Masaki Kase, Megumi M.
- Polygonizer: N.Yamaguchi
- Graphic: Ashin, H.Takeuchi, Yuri Tomura, Maxma, Miyaki, Ken Katoku, Chirico
- BG: H.T, K.Nishithuka
- Special Thanks: Ueno, Nao Yuki, Wakker, Takano, S.Sato, Asc
- Nexus Interact: Emuta, Chikako.K, M.Asakawa, Fukurou, Hyoh.A, Nashi, Kani
- Genesis Producer: Kiyoshi Fujii
- Main article: Viewpoint/Magazine articles.
also published in:
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- Electronic Gaming Monthly, "September 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 170
- EGM², "November 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 83
- Electronic Gaming Monthly, "December 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 59
- Sega Visions, "December/January 1994/1995" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 107
- GamePro, "January 1995" (US; 199x-xx-xx), page 37
- Tips & Tricks, "Volume III, Issue 1: January 1996" (US; 199x-xx-xx), page 20
- 1700 igr dlya Sega, "" (RU; 2003-xx-xx), page 328
- Consoles +, "Avril 1995" (FR; 1995-0x-xx), page 94
- Electronic Gaming Monthly, "December 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 42
- GameFan, "Volume 2, Issue 12: December 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 26
- GamePro, "December 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 126
- MAN!AC, "02/95" (DE; 1995-01-11), page 40
- Mega Fun, "04/95" (DE; 1995-03-22), page 81
- Next Generation, "March 1995" (US; 1995-02-21), page 104
- Sega Power, "January 1995" (UK; 1994-11-17), page 72
- Tricks 16 bit, "Tricks Sega Gold 800 igr" (RU; 1998-xx-xx), page 217
- Video Games, "4/95" (DE; 1995-03-22), page 95