Welcome to Sega Retro, a project from the people behind Sonic Retro. We aim to cover everything possible about Sega from the 1940s to today. We currently are working on 20,585 articles and have many more that are requested to be worked on.
While this wiki is designed to help the community by providing information, it is also dependent on the community to be updated. Anyone with an account may edit the wiki. As you feel more comfortable with the site, please feel free to make any changes or additions that you feel necessary.
List of abbreviations:
- This edit created a new page (also see list of new pages)
- This is a minor edit
- This edit was performed by a bot
- The page size changed by this number of bytes
15 March 2020
You can become a part of the Sega Retro community in several different ways:
- Sign up for a Sega Retro account and become part of our group of editors (If you have a Sonic Retro account please use the same username for your account here)
- We have lots of game pages that are in desperate need of more information. If you know your way around some of these games, help us out by telling us how to play or what to expect. We also have many pages that still need to be made.
- We are always on the lookout for high quality, unmarked, genuine game media scans. If you notice a poor quality or missing scan of a game you have, please help by making a scan and replacing the bad one. You can use our scan tracker to track our progress.
- Log on to Discord and join #sega, our dedicated channel
- From another country or speak another language? Help us by providing otherwise difficult-to-get information about Sega in mainland Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America, or by translating texts.
- Short on ideas? Visit the "to do" page
On this day, March 15...
March 15 (add):
- 1987 - Woody Pop: Shinjinrui no Block Kuzugi is released for the Sega Mark III in Japan.
- 1991 - Head Buster is released for the Game Gear in Japan.
- 1995 - Parasquad is launched in Japan for the Sega 32X.
- 1996 - The Sega Saturn receives Brain Battle Q, Doraemon: Nobita to Fukkatsu no Hoshi, FIFA Soccer 96, Fishing Koushien, Game no Tatsujin 2, GunGriffon: The Eurasian Conflict, Idol Mahjong Final Romance R, Linkle Liver Story, Mainichi Kawaru Quiz Bangumi Quiz 365, Street Fighter II Movie, Virtual Casino, World Advanced Daisenryaku: Sakusen File and Zork I: The Great Underground Empire in Japan. Encyclopédie des Codes Secrets is published in France.
- 1997 - Independence Day is released for the Saturn in North America, while Jissen Pachi-Slot Hisshouhou! 4 and J. League Victory Goal '97 launch for the console in Japan.
- 1998 - Burning Rangers is released for the Saturn in North America.
- 2001 - Battle Beaster and Le Mans 24 Hours are released for the Dreamcast in Japan.
- 2002 - Space Channel 5 is released for the PlayStation 2 in Europe. Doubutsu Pico: Hamster Land is released for the Japanese Pico.
- 2005 - Super Monkey Ball Deluxe and Worms Forts: Under Siege are released in North America.
- 2007 - Sonic and the Secret Rings launches for the Wii in Japan. Sega the Best re-releases of Guilty Gear XX Slash, Standard Daisenryaku: Dengekisen, Standard Daisenryaku: Ushinawareta Shouri and Tenka-bito arrive on Japanese PlayStation 2s, while the Platinum re-release of Chromehounds comes to the Xbox 360. Oshare Majo Love and Berry: 2007 Spring & Summer Song Collection is released in Japan.
- 2011 - Yakuza 4 is released in North America for the PlayStation 3, while Sega Genesis Classic Collection Gold Edition is released in that region for Windows PCs. Shogun 2: Total War debuts on Steam.
- 2012 - Yakuza: Dead Souls is released for the PlayStation 3 in Australia. The PlayStation Portable game Shining Blade and its pre-order bonus Shining Blade Haru no Shin Seikatsu Ouen Fan Disc are released in Japan, while Shining Force Cross Elysion debuts in Japanese arcades. The Mega Drive version of Strider is released for the Wii's Virtual Console service in Europe, while the Game Gear games Dragon Crystal, The GG Shinobi and Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble are released for the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console in North America.
- 2015 - Squads: Saikyou no Kizuna launches for Android devices in Japan.
Released on this day
- 1987: Woody Pop (Master System, JP)
- 1991: Head Buster (Game Gear, JP)
- 1996: Encyclopédie des Codes Secrets (Book, FR)
- 1996: Mainichi Kawaru Quiz Bangumi Quiz 365 (Saturn, JP)
- 1996: Virtual Casino (Saturn, JP)
- 1996: World Advanced Daisenryaku: Sakusen File (Saturn, JP)
- 1996: Linkle Liver Story (Saturn, JP)
- 1996: Gungriffon (Saturn, JP)
- 1996: Zork I: The Great Underground Empire (Saturn, JP)
- 1996: Game no Tatsujin 2 (Saturn, JP)
- 1996: Street Fighter II Movie (Saturn, JP)
- 1996: Tomcat Alley (Windows PC, UK)
- 1996: FIFA Soccer 96 (Saturn) (Saturn, JP)
- 1996: Comix Zone (Windows PC, UK)
- 1996: Ecco the Dolphin (Windows PC, UK)
- 1996: Fishing Koushien (Saturn, JP)
- 1996: Idol Mahjong Final Romance R (Saturn, JP)
- 1996: Doraemon: Nobita to Fukkatsu no Hoshi (Saturn, JP)
- 1996: Brain Battle Q (Saturn, JP)
- 1997: J. League Victory Goal '97 (Saturn, JP)
- 1997: Jissen Pachi-Slot Hisshouhou! 4 (Saturn, JP)
- 1997: Independence Day (Saturn, US)
- 1998: Dennou Senki Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram M.S.B.S. Ver. 5.2 (Model 3, JP)
- 2001: Battle Beaster (Dreamcast, JP)
- 2001: Le Mans 24 Hours (Dreamcast, JP)
- 2002: Doubutsu Pico: Hamster Land (Pico, JP)
- 2002: Space Channel 5 (PlayStation 2, EU)
- 2005: Super Monkey Ball Deluxe (PlayStation 2, US)
- 2007: Oshare Majo Love and Berry: 2007 Spring & Summer Song Collection (CD, JP)
- 2007: Guilty Gear XX Slash (PlayStation 2, JP)
- 2007: SpongeBob (PlayStation 2, JP)
- 2007: Tenka-bito (PlayStation 2, JP)
- 2007: Chromehounds (Xbox 360, JP)
- 2007: Sonic and the Secret Rings (Wii, JP)
- 2007: Standard Daisenryaku: Dengekisen (PlayStation 2, JP)
- 2007: Standard Daisenryaku: Ushinawareta Shouri (PlayStation 2, JP)
- 2007: Seven Rings in Hand: Sonic and the Secret Rings Original Sound Track (CD, JP)
- 2010: Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (Xbox 360, RU)
- 2011: Yakuza 4 (PlayStation 3, US)
- 2011: Sega Mega Drive Classic Collection Gold Edition (Windows PC, US)
- 2011: Shogun 2: Total War (Windows PC, DE)
- 2012: Shining Blade Haru no Shin Seikatsu Ouen Fan Disc (??, JP)
- 2012: Yakuza: Dead Souls (PlayStation 3, AU)
- 2012: Shining Blade (PlayStation Portable, JP)
- 2012: Shining Force Cross Elysion (Ringedge, JP)
- 2012: Dragon Crystal (??, US)
- 2012: Strider (Virtual Console, EU)
- 2012: The GG Shinobi (??, US)
- 2012: Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble (??, US)
- 2015: Squads: Saikyou no Kizuna (Android, JP)
The Sonic the Hedgehog resource second only to Sega.
Documenting Sega history from the 1940s to present day.
The higher energy computer and video game site for NEC.
Press, pics, and the proving ground for what's next.