Welcome to Sega Retro, a project from the people behind Sonic Retro. We aim to cover everything possible about Sega from the 1940s to today. We currently are working on 29,164 articles and have many more that are requested to be worked on.
While this wiki is designed to help the community by providing information, it is also dependent on the community to be updated. Anyone with an account may edit the wiki. As you feel more comfortable with the site, please feel free to make any changes or additions that you feel necessary.
List of abbreviations:
- This edit created a new page (also see list of new pages)
- This is a minor edit
- This edit was performed by a bot
- The page size changed by this number of bytes
15 May 2022
We have more than 7,500 Sega games
documented, from the slot machines of old to the cutting-edge titles of today. Every known release from every region of the world, both licensed and unlicensed
, for computers
, consoles, handhelds
and everything in between.
, covers, manuals, media and promotional material
, as well as internal documents you were never meant to see
; Sega Retro has a huge library of high quality scans dating back to 1945
and the database grows every day.
Audio and video
Hundreds of singles and albums, audiobooks, television broadcasts and even a few stage shows, not to mention the company's fondness for karaoke and its two house bands.
Including people, companies, history, toys, merchandise, secrets, venues, events, technical information, interviews... and sweat-powered video games.
On this day, May 16...
May 16 (
Released on this day
- 1997: Groove On Fight: Gouketsuji Ichizoku 3 (Saturn, JP)
- 1997: Contra: Legacy of War (Saturn, US)
- 2001: Coaster Works, Giga Wing 2, Project Justice (Dreamcast, US)
- 2002: Tako no Marine (Dreamcast, JP)
- 2006: Sonic X (DVD, US)
- 2008: Viking: Battle for Asgard (PlayStation 3, KR)
- 2008: Advanced Busterhawk Gley Lancer (Virtual Console, EU)
- 2012: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode II (PlayStation 3, JP)
- 2012: Sonic Labyrinth (Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console, JP)
- 2013: Sonic the Hedgehog (Android, US)
You can become a part of the Sega Retro community in several different ways:
- Sign up for a Sega Retro account and become part of our group of editors (If you have a Sonic Retro account please use the same username for your account here)
- We have lots of game pages that are in desperate need of more information. If you know your way around some of these games, help us out by telling us how to play or what to expect. We also have many pages that still need to be made.
- We are always on the lookout for high quality, unmarked, genuine game media scans. If you notice a poor quality or missing scan of a game you have, please help by making a scan and replacing the bad one.
- Log on to Discord and join #sega, our dedicated channel
- From another country or speak another language? Help us by providing otherwise difficult-to-get information about Sega in mainland Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America, or by translating texts.
- Short on ideas? Visit the "to do" page
The Sonic the Hedgehog resource second only to Sega.
Documenting Sega history from the 1940s to present day.
The higher energy computer and video game site for NEC.
Press, pics, and the proving ground for what's next.