From Sega Retro
Welcome to Sega Retro, a project from the people behind Sonic Retro. We aim to cover everything possible about Sega from the 1940s to today. We currently are working on 33,624 articles and have many more that are requested to be worked on.
While this wiki is designed to help the community by providing information, it is also dependent on the community to be updated. Anyone with an account may edit the wiki. As you feel more comfortable with the site, please feel free to make any changes or additions that you feel necessary.
- This edit created a new page (also see list of new pages)
- This is a minor edit
- This edit was performed by a bot
- The page size changed by this number of bytes
22 April 2023
|01:02||Sega Retro:Anniversaries/April 22 diffhist +200 JaxTH talk contribs|
|00:56||Judgment diffhist +19 JaxTH talk contribs|
||N 00:11||Shinobi the Wide Ilustration Archive 2 changes history+62 [JaxTH (2×)]|
||00:11 (cur | prev) +11 JaxTH talk contribs|
||00:11 (cur | prev) +51 JaxTH talk contribs JaxTH moved page Shinobi the Wide Ilustration Archive to Shinobi the Wide Illustration Archive: spelling Tag: New redirect|
|00:11||Move log JaxTH talk contribs moved page Shinobi the Wide Ilustration Archive to Shinobi the Wide Illustration Archive (spelling)|
|m 00:11||Shinobi the Wide Illustration Archive diffhist 0 JaxTH talk contribs JaxTH moved page Shinobi the Wide Ilustration Archive to Shinobi the Wide Illustration Archive: spelling|
Flashback logos JP.png Aruru-san
23:34, 21 April 2023
1,778 × 1,333; 10 KB
Flashback logos.png Aruru-san
23:33, 21 April 2023
1,778 × 1,333; 10 KB
Psychic World SMS, Lucia.png Typhoon
16:44, 21 April 2023
256 × 192; 2 KB
Double Dragon GG, Stage 6-4.png Typhoon
14:24, 21 April 2023
160 × 144; 3 KB
GamesWe have more than 7,500 Sega games documented, from the slot machines of old to the cutting-edge titles of today. Every known release from every region of the world, both licensed and unlicensed, unfinished and unreleased, for computers, consoles, handhelds, arcades and everything in between.
ScansBooks, magazines, covers, manuals, media and promotional material, as well as internal documents you were never meant to see; Sega Retro has a huge library of high quality scans dating back to 1945 and the database grows every day.
Audio and video
Hundreds of singles and albums, audiobooks, television broadcasts and even a few stage shows, not to mention the company's fondness for karaoke and its two house bands.
Including people, companies, history, toys, merchandise, secrets, venues, events, technical information, interviews... and Genesis Does.
On this day, April 22...
April 22 (add)
- 1987 - Space Harrier, a VHS, is released in Japan.
- 1989 - Super League is released for the Sega Mega Drive in Japan.
- 1994 - Mega-CD Ban Lodoss-tou Senki Taiken CD-ROM Tsuki Koushiki Guide Mook, a book, is released alongside Captain Lang for the Sega Mega Drive, GP Rider, Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible, and Puzzle & Action: Tant-R for the Sega Game Gear, as well as Bakuden Unbalance Zone and Eye of the Beholder for the Sega Mega-CD, all in Japan.
- 1999 - Ryouko no Oshaberi Room is released for the Sega Saturn alongside Web Mystery: Yochimu Wo Miru Neko and the ASCII Mission Stick peripheral for the Sega Dreamcast in Japan.
- 2003 - Shinobi the Wide Illustration Archive, a book, is released in Japan.
- 2005 - Spikeout: Battle Street is released for the Xbox in Europe.
- 2006 - GoGo Sentai Boukenger Kazu to Katachi o Oboeyou! is released for the Advanced Pico Beena in Japan.
- 2008 - Phelios is released for the Wii Virtual Console in Japan.
- 2009 - 7th Dragon Original Soundtrack, a CD, is released in Japan.
- 2010 - After Burner Climax is released for the PlayStation 3 in North America, Europe, and Australia while Iron Man 2 is released for iOS in North America and Europe.
- 2011 - Golden Axe II is released for iOS in Japan. Conduit 2 is released for the Wii in Europe and Australia.
- 2015 - Hortensia Saga: Ao no Kishidan is released for Android devices and iOS in Japan.
- 2020 - Idola: Phantasy Star Saga is released for Android devices in Taiwan.
- 2021 - Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World is released for the Nintendo Switch in Japan. Judgment Remastered is released for the Xbox Series X in Japan, Australia, South Korea, and Taiwan and for the PlayStation 5 in Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan.
- 2022 - Shining Force II, Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball, and Space Harrier II are released for the Nintendo Switch Online service for the Nintendo Switch in Japan, Europe, and Australia.
Released on this day
- 1987: Space Harrier (VHS, JP)
- 1989: Super League (Mega Drive, JP)
- 1994: Mega-CD Ban Lodoss-tou Senki Taiken CD-ROM Tsuki Koushiki Guide Mook (Book, JP)
- 1994: GP Rider, Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible, Puzzle & Action: Tant-R (Game Gear, JP)
- 1994: Bakuden Unbalance Zone, Eye of the Beholder (Mega-CD, JP)
- 1994: Captain Lang (Mega Drive, JP)
- 1999: ASCII Mission Stick, Web Mystery: Yochimu Wo Miru Neko (Dreamcast, JP)
- 1999: Ryouko no Oshaberi Room (Saturn, JP)
- 2003: Shinobi the Wide Ilustration Archive (Book, JP)
- 2005: Spikeout: Battle Street (Xbox, EU)
- 2006: GoGo Sentai Boukenger Kazu to Katachi o Oboeyou! (Advanced Pico Beena, JP)
- 2008: Phelios (Virtual Console, JP)
- 2009: 7th Dragon Original Soundtrack (CD, JP)
- 2010: Game ga Ippai Kikansha Thomas (Advanced Pico Beena, JP)
- 2010: Iron Man 2 (iOS, US)
- 2010: After Burner Climax (PlayStation 3, US)
- 2011: Conduit 2 (Wii, AT)
- 2013: DUX (Dreamcast, EU)
- 2015: Hortensia Saga: Ao no Kishidan (Android, JP)
- 2015: Hero Bank (DVD, JP)
- 2020: Idola: Phantasy Star Saga (Android, AU)
- 2021: Judge Eyes: Shinigami no Yuigon (PlayStation 5, JP)
- 2021: Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World (Nintendo Switch, JP)
- 2022: Shining Force II: Inishie no Fuuin, Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball, Space Harrier II (Nintendo Switch Online, JP)
You can become a part of the Sega Retro community in several different ways:
- Sign up for a Sega Retro account and become part of our group of editors (If you have a Sonic Retro account please use the same username for your account here)
- We have lots of game pages that are in desperate need of more information. If you know your way around some of these games, help us out by telling us how to play or what to expect. We also have many pages that still need to be made.
- We are always on the lookout for high quality, unmarked, genuine game media scans. If you notice a poor quality or missing scan of a game you have, please help by making a scan and replacing the bad one.
- Log on to Discord and join #sega, our dedicated channel
- From another country or speak another language? Help us by providing otherwise difficult-to-get information about Sega in mainland Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America, or by translating texts.
- Short on ideas? Visit the "to do" page
|Sega Retro is part of the Sega Network.
Affiliates: SEGABits | SEGA Memories | Dreamcast Junkyard | Nomad Junkyard | Saturn Junkyard | SegaShiro | SEGADriven
The Sonic the Hedgehog resource second only to Sega.
Documenting Sega history from the 1940s to present day.
The higher energy computer and video game site for NEC.
Press, pics, and the proving ground for what's next.