From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Developer: Aicom, ALU|
|Sound driver: SMPS Z80|
|Number of players: 1-2|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Due to the small ROM size, usual for it's time, the game has limited animations, few backgrounds and no voice data.
It utilizes a two button scheme, one for jumping and one for attacking. When close to an opponent, various throws can be performed by pushing attack and a direction. Pushing attack when further away is for punches or kicks. These cause little damage, but stun the opponent for a short period of time. In this timeframe, it's safe to move closer and throw. Throws do big damage, which can be further increased by throwing opponents onto the ground or against a wall.
When brought to North America, some character names were localised for unknown reasons.
|Japanese Name||North American Name|
|D I O||D I O|
- CG Design: Masami Takizawa, Nao.Yuki, T Shigemura, Ashin
- Back Design: Wakatuki, N e n k o
- Title Design: Ujita, Wakatuki
- Sound: Masapi, Shioya
- Assistant Director: Ramou Kobayashi, Hajime Kusano
- Test Play: Yasuhisa Kimura, Akahoushi
- Game System: Y a z a w a, N e n k o
- Program: Y a z a w a
- Thanks: Okamura
- U.S.A. Staff: K.Adachi, N.Evangelista, R.Bell, T.Kowalewski, L.Huffman
- Source: In-game credits
- Main article: Fighting Masters/Magazine articles.
- Main article: Fighting Masters/Promotional material.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- GamePro, "June 1992" (US; 1992-xx-xx), page 30
- Sega Visions, "May/June 1992" (US; 1992-xx-xx), page 58
- Beep! MegaDrive, "January 1992" (JP; 1991-12-07), page 77 (79)
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 84 (86)
- Computer & Video Games, "February 1992" (UK; 1992-01-15), page 86
- Génération 4, "Janvier 1992" (FR; 199x-xx-xx), page 141
- Joystick, "Janvier 1992" (FR; 199x-xx-xx), page 133
- Sega Mega Drive Advanced Gaming, "November 1992" (UK; 1992-xx-xx), page 79
- MegaTech, "February 1992" (UK; 1992-01-20), page 54/55 (54)
- MegaTech, "February 1992" (UK; 1992-01-20), page 53
- Mean Machines, "February 1992" (UK; 1992-01-27), page 88-90 (88)
- Sega Pro, "February 1992" (UK; 1992-01-16), page 63