From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Dreamcast|
|Peripherals supported: Dreamcast Arcade Stick, Jump Pack, Visual Memory Unit, Dreamcast VGA Box|
|Genre: Action Puzzle|
|Number of players: 1-4|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Puyo Puyo~n (ぷよぷよ〜ん), often referred to as Puyo Puyo 4 is an entry in the Puyo Puyo series of games. It was first released for the Sega Dreamcast (rather than an arcade platform) in 1999. Like previous games in the series, the title of the game is a play on words - "yon", the Japanese word for four, appears if you pronounce the game's name as "Puyo Puyon" (furthermore, puyo in various Madou Monogatari games also say this). As with most games in the series, Puyo Puyo~n did not leave Japan.
Puyo Puyo~n extends on the formula seen in Puyo Puyo Tsuu (as opposed to the third entry in the series, Puyo Puyo Sun), the major difference being the inclusion of character-specific special attacks which can be performed when an "SP" value is raised above a certain threshold. To raise this SP value, the player needs to perform chains.
- Arle: Emi Motoi
- Doraco: Tomoko Miura
- Seriri: Eriko Kawasaki
- Witch: Yuuko Misutani
- Chico: Kyouko Minami
- Other Characters: Kenichi Ogata, Yuuko Gotou, Yumi Hikita, Wasabi Mizuta, Yuuichi Nagasima, Satomi Kohrogi, Chizuko Hoshino, Matsumoto Yasunori, Sakiko Masano
- Satan: Kenichi Ono
- Carbuncle: Kurumi Mamiya
- Executive Producer: Moo Niitani
- Producer: Hiroyuki Masuno
- Director: Toshikazu Kanke
- Planner: Kamkie, Tatsuhiro Kubo
- Programmer: Hiroyuki Masuno, Eishi Ohtuka, Seira, Mr.Pot, Shinchan
- Graphic designer: Namihei, Sunaho Tobe, Hachi Ebifurai, Koreshiki Nanno, Mutta, Hiroma Senda
- Package Illustrator: Tankitow
- Sound Creator: Junichi Yoshida, Koji Onari, Satoshi Shimazaki, Kazuaki Nagai
- Voice Recording: Norihiro Kanai, Hodaka Fukushima, Kazuya Takekabe, Jun Kobayashi
- Animation Visual Creator: Hiroyuki Kurimoto, Atsusi Nakayama, Naoko Yamamoto, Eisaku Inoue, Masahumi Satou, Munetaka Tatsudan, Takehiro Hamazu, Izumi Maeno, Natsuki Yamaguchi, Asami Yamashita, Syoichiro Sugiura, Aiko Katsumata, Noriko Akaboya, Shuji Maruyama, Shinichi Nozaki, Yumeta, Akihiko Hashimoto, Yoshimitsu Ishii, Katumasa Hosoma
- CG Works: Hiroyuki Katsube, Kaoru Itami
- Movie Works: Takuya Hirata, Naomi Shibasaki, Yuuko Katsumura
- MPEG Sofdec Copyright © 1998 CRI
- Test Play Manager: Nyonyo
- Editorial Designer: Rainbow Papa, Kassy, Keke, Kanio
- Sales Promoting Staff: Kazuhiko Kitade, Amigo, Kimutaku, Manabu Kawashima, Sawa Sonmin, Mikihito Kobayashi, Ryo Nishimura, Sasara, Marupono, Kyosuke, Aimai, Msy
- Source: In-game credits (JP)
Error: String exceeds 1,000 character limit.
- Main article: Puyo Puyo~n/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- Sega of Japan catalogue pages (Japanese): Dreamcast