Puyo Puyo Sun (ぷよぷよSUN) is the third title in the Puyo Puyo series, initially released for Sega Titan Video arcade hardware in 1996. Like most Puyo Puyo games, Puyo Puyo Sun did not see a release outside of Japan. Like its prequel, Puyo Puyo Tsuu, the "Sun" part of the name is a pun on the number "San (三)", which is Japanese for "three" (in Puyo Puyo Tsuu, "Tsu" means both "Expert" in Japanese and sounds like the number "two" in English when spoken).
Gameplay is very similar to previous games in the series, but now includes "Sun puyos", which are eliminated in a similar manner to garbage puyos. However, unlike garbage puyos, sun puyos will amplify the damage done to the player's opponent.
The game was brought to the Sega Saturn and Sony PlayStation (Puyo Puyo Sun Ketteiban (ぷよぷよSUN決定盤)) in 1997 with various extra features. It was also brought to the Nintendo 64 and Windows PC and a handheld version was released for the Nintendo Game Boy. Again, neither of these versions left Japan. In 2003, Sega rereleased the PlayStation version with a cheaper price. This version, SLPM 87213, is one of only two PlayStation games (the other being MiniMoni. Shakka to Tambourine! Dapyon!) released by Sega.
In March 2014, Sega made the PlayStation version available to download from the Japanese PlayStation Network for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita.
- Arle-Nadja: Minako Ozawa
- Schezo-Wegey: Yujirou Ootsuka
- Satan: Moo Niitani
- Other Character'S Cast: Ayane Kizuki, Guts Nakamatsu, Kemi, Kenji Kawakita, Kerol, Murasaki Syu, Nodapon, RIU, Sakanayasan, Sarukaikai, Tachibana Tasogare, Yasutoshi Akiyama Sss
- Executive Producer: Moo Niitani
- Supervisor: Takafumi Tanida, Jemini
- Director: Guts Nakamatsu
- Programmer: Manabu Matsumoto, Tomoya "Wakun" Honda, Winner, Kunicho, Tatsuo Nakanishi
- Planner: Kerol, Kagetora
- Character Design: Ichi
- Designer: Tachibana Tasogare, Kemi, Zazamushi, Mifuduka Tsukasa, Kengo Morita, RIU, Sawatari Ju-Saburou, ROM, Satoshi Shoji, Sakurakohji Ageha
- Nice Guy: Mask, Neconyan
- Sound: Tsuyoshi Matsushima, Kohji Oonari, Satoshi Shimazaki, Einosuke Nagao, Pro Suger
- Ma: Taishow
- Editorial Design: Kazuto Hisoku, Rainbow Papa, Amon
- Voice Director: Yasutoshi Akiyama Sss
- Voice Recording: Toshiaki Nagata, "Lightning-Sound And Stage Shinomoto", "Studio M" All Staff
- Movie Works: Janus Teramoto, Takuya Hirata, Kenji Kawakita
- Animation: Mediavision Co.,Ltd.
- Opening Animation Director: Katsuyoshi Yatabe
- Sales Staff: Nissin, Marsy, Shigeo Kimura, Kitademan, Amigo, Ask., Melody Uematsu, Oberontyo Kawashima, Sonmin Sawa, Nisiyan, Micky, Miki Matsubara, Naohi Kobayashi
- Special Thanks: Ayane Kizuki, Hakuryuho Kasumi, Jumbo Tanaka, Keke, Kitano Fubon, Maroon, Nasa Nakao, Akira Minaduki, Namihei, Nyo-Nyo, Peloli, Risakichi, Tanquitow, Tatsuharu Takatou, Tominger, Wizy!, YON, Younger Hayashi, Yumi, ZRO, Puyo-Master, Higepuyoman, Junichi Kitamura, Momomo, Cheeyama, All Compile Staff
Cool! You Got Talent!
Next,Challenge Schezo'S Story!
- Source: In-game credits
- Main article: Puyo Puyo Sun/Magazine articles.
Sega Titan Video version
| Sega Titan Video,
| Based on|
| Saturn, JP
| Saturn, JP (XBAND)
| PlayStation, JP (Sega Hatsubai)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/slpm87213.html (archived 2006-11-06 04:17)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/jp0177npjj00707_000000000000000001.html (archived 2014-03-13 05:27)
- ↑ File:PuyopuyoSun_Saturn_JP_SSEnding.pdf
- ↑ File:SSM_JP_19970221_1997-04.pdf, page 144
- ↑ File:SnGwSISDRZK Book JP.pdf, page 12