Quackshot Starring Donald Duck
From Sega Retro
|Quackshot Starring Donald Duck|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Developer: Sega CS|
|Licensor: The Walt Disney Company|
|Sound driver: SMPS Z80|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Quackshot Starring Donald Duck, called Quackshot: I Love Donald Duck: Guruzia Ou no Hihou or just I Love Donald Duck: Guruzia Ou no Hihou (アイラブドナルドダック グルジア王の秘宝) in Japan, is a platform game released for the Sega Mega Drive in 1991. It is part of the series of Disney games Sega were allowed to publish for their console during the early 1990s.
While the yellow default plunger can only stun enemies, later variants can also stick to walls and ceillings. Further weapons are a bubble shot (which can dissolve concrete) and a popcorn shooter (spreadshot).
Collecting chilly peppers puts Donald in a rage mode, granting temporary invincibility.
The game partially non-linear: special tools like the above mentioned weapons or other items need to be collected and used in order to fully explore and clear stages.
Two versions of the game exist, with the later ROM being considerably larger than the former due to a large block of padding added in the middle for unknown reasons.
In Japan, Quackshot was bundled with Castle of Illusion in Sega Ages I Love Mickey Mouse: Fushigi no Oshiro Daibouken/I Love Donald Duck: Guruzia Ou no Hihou for the Sega Saturn. A compilation of the two was also available in the form of The Disney Collection.
|Language||Localised Name||English Translation|
|English||Quackshot Starring Donald Duck||Quackshot Starring Donald Duck|
|English (US)||Quackshot Starring Donald Duck||Quackshot Starring Donald Duck|
|Japanese||I Love Donald Duck: Guruzia Ou no Hihou (アイラブドナルドダック グルジア王の秘宝)|
- Game Designed & Directed by: Emirin
- Art Director: Thomas Yuuda
- Artists: Rice, Mikarin, Thomas Yuuda
- Programmers: Muimui, Yama1, Momonga Momo, Ryuu, M·Ohmori, Tatsuyan
- Music Composed by: Kamiya Studio
- Sound Producer: Bo
- Special Thanks to: Bert, Jackson You, Hugh, Ohsan
- Walt Disney's Producer: Jim Simmons
- Main Programmer & Program Coordinator: Satman
- Source: In-game credits
- Main article: Quackshot Starring Donald Duck/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
|Mega Drive, AS†|
ROM dump status
- File:Quackshot md jp cover.jpg
- https://sega.jp/history/hard/megadrive/software.html (Wayback Machine: 2020-07-20 09:51)
- Sega Power, "December 1991" (UK; 1991-10-30), page 11
- Computer & Video Games, "January 1992" (UK; 1991-12-15), page 50
- Sega Power, "March 1992" (UK; 1992-02-06), page 29
- Supergame, "Março 1992" (BR; 1992-03-xx), page 22
- Supergame, "Maio 1992" (BR; 1992-05-xx), page 32
- ACE, "January 1992" (UK; 1991-12-08), page 92
- Beep! MegaDrive, "January 1992" (JP; 1991-12-07), page 78 (80)
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 83 (85)
- Computer & Video Games, "January 1992" (UK; 1991-12-15), page 50-52 (50)
- Game Mania, "May 1993" (UK; 1993-xx-xx), page 80
- Game Power, "Febbraio 1992" (IT; 1992-xx-xx), page 46-48 (48)
- GamePro, "January 1992" (US; 199x-xx-xx), page 56 (60)
- Génération 4, "Janvier 1992" (FR; 199x-xx-xx), page 127-129 (127)
- Hobby Consolas, "Febrero 1992" (ES; 1992-xx-xx), page 36-39 (36)
- Joystick, "Décembre 1991" (FR; 1991-xx-xx), page 140-141 (140)
- Sega Mega Drive Advanced Gaming, "October 1992" (UK; 1992-xx-xx), page 78
- Mega, "May 1994" (UK; 1994-04-21), page 65
- MegaTech, "Xmas 1991" (UK; 1991-12-06), page 20-23 (20)
- Mean Machines, "January 1992" (UK; 1991-12-27), page 72-74 (72)
- Player One, "Décembre 1991" (FR; 1991-xx-xx), page 50-53 (50)
- Sega Power, "March 1992" (UK; 1992-02-06), page 28-29 (28)
- Sega Pro, "Christmas 1991" (UK; 1991-12-12), page 38-39 (38)
- Sega Force, "1/92" (SE; 1992-xx-xx), page 32
- Sega Force, "January 1992" (UK; 1991-12-12), page 24-26 (24)
|Quackshot Starring Donald Duck|