Scud Race Plus
From Sega Retro
|Scud Race Plus|
|System(s): Sega Model 3|
|Developer: Sega AM2|
|Licensor: Porsche, Ferrari, Dodge, McLaren|
|Number of players: 1-4|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Scud Race Plus (スカッドレース プラス) is an update to Scud Race and was released for Sega Model 3 arcade hardware in 1997. It is a bizarre and somewhat rare update to the game, being released exclusively in Japan. Despite this, it is possible to change the region of Scud Race Plus, and if switched to US it will create Sega Super GT Plus.
Scud Race Plus is very much the same game as Scud Race, but some features are added.
- New track Super Beginner
- Mirror course: Holding on the track select screen.
- Time Lap mode: Holding on the transmission select screen.
- Extra cars: Super Beginner only. Holding while making a selection on the car select screen.
Super Beginner is an oval track in which the players race across the floor of a house. Part of this track houses twelve bowling pins which can be knocked down for extra time, as well as the occasional visit by a cat chasing a mouse.
Unlike the other four tracks, Super Beginner does not have the player compete against other Supercars (though there is one oppoent Porsche 911), but instead buses, tanks and rocket cars. Extra cars has the special features by. Computer opponents use this features too.
- Bus (filled with Sega AM2 developers): By selecting the Porsche 911.
- A larger and heavier vehicle with the ability to knock others off course (the downside being low acceleration and a low top speed).
- Special features: Sounds horn.
- Tank: By selecting the Ferrari F40.
- Smaller and low top speed.
- Special features: Fire cannon. The tank comes paired with an extra points counter which is increased when opponent vehicles are hit.
- (smaller) Cat: By selecting the Dodge Viper GTS.
- With a small turning circle.
- Special features: Cats mewed.
- Rocket car: By selecting the Mclaren F1.
- The fastest car in the game.
- Special features: Boost three times during the race.
- Producer & game director: Toshihiro Nagoshi
- Programmers: Takuji Masuda (program director), Kouki Koiwa, Takashi Fujimura, Kazuhiko Takata, Takashi Isowaki, Takayuki Kazama, Ryo Ikawa
- Designers: Yasuo Kawagoshi (design director), Daisuke Sato, Akihito Hiroyoshi, Junichi Yamanaka, Yukinobu Arikawa, Makio Kida, Kazufumi Ohashi, Hidenobu Miyakita, Junichi Yamada, Makoto Osaki, Kazuhiro Izaki, Naotake Nishimura, Shinichiro Shimano
- Sound: Hideaki Miyamoto, Toru Nakabayashi, Fumio Ito, Hidenori Shoji
- Cabinet Engineers: Masao Yoshimoto (mechanical supervisor), Eiji Nishimura, Eiji Inoue, Yumiko Ara, Hiroyuki Takahashi, Hideyuki Yamada, Mikio Tsuda, Keisuke Tsukahara
- Publicity: Koji Umeda
- Special Thanks: BPR Organization, Japan Airlines, Car Graphic, S.S. Company ltd., Cobra Company Japan, Yu Suzuki
- Presented by: Sega
- Main article: Scud Race Plus/Magazine articles.
|Model 3, JP|