Yakuza Kiwami 2
From Sega Retro
|Yakuza Kiwami 2|
|System(s): PlayStation 4, Steam|
|Developer: Ryu ga Gotoku Studio|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Yakuza Kiwami 2, known as Ryu ga Gotoku Kiwami 2 (龍が如く極2) in Japan, is a remake of the 2006 PlayStation 2 game, Yakuza 2. It is a "sequel" to Yakuza Kiwami, which offered a similar upgrade to the original Yakuza.
In Japan the game was released as both a regular and limited edition, which came with a soundtrack CD. A limited run of "PlayStation 4 Ryu ga Gotoku Kiwami 2 Edition" consoles were sold in Japan, which didn't come with the game but had artwork from the game printed on the side. Black and white variants were available with 500GB or 1TB internal hard drives.
- 1 Gameplay
- 2 Story
- 2.1 Main campaign
- 2.1.1 Chapter 1: Letter of Blood
- 2.1.2 Chapter 2: The Dragon of Kansai
- 2.1.3 Chapter 3: The Yakuza Huntress
- 2.1.4 Chapter 4: The Four Kings of Omi
- 2.1.5 Chapter 5: Hidden Past
- 2.1.6 Chapter 6: Schemes
- 2.1.7 Chapter 7: The Foreign Threat
- 2.1.8 Chapter 8: Suspect
- 2.1.9 Chapter 9: The Omi Invasion
- 2.1.10 Chapter 10: Survivors
- 2.1.11 Chapter 11: The Iron Creed
- 2.1.12 Chapter 12: Osaka Castle
- 2.1.13 Chapter 13: Settling Accounts
- 2.1.14 Chapter 14: The Go-Ryu March
- 2.1.15 Chapter 15: Blood and Bonds
- 2.1.16 Chapter 16: Decision
- 2.2 Majima saga
- 2.3 Achievements
- 2.1 Main campaign
- 3 Versions
- 4 Downloadable content
- 5 Production credits
- 6 Magazine articles
- 7 Artwork
- 8 Promotional material
- 9 Physical scans
- 10 External links
- 11 References
Yakuza Kiwami 2 offers similar upgrades to Yakuza Kiwami, essentially moving Yakuza 2 to a newer gameplay engine while improving graphics and shortening load times. It also ties in closer to Yakuza 0 as well as later games, resolving plot points that were originally left unaddressed.
Unlike Kiwami which used the engine seen in Yakuza 0 (and all previous mainline games from Yakuza 3 onwards), Kiwami 2 uses the engine originally written for Yakuza 6. As a result, signficant upgrades are offered across the board, at the expense of a PlayStation 3 conversion.
The Club Sega venues now feature playable versions of Virtua Fighter 2.1 and Cyber Troopers Virtual-On, each with two difficulty modes. Also included are simulated versions of Toylets, Sega's interactive urinal system.
Yakuza Kiwami 2 introduces an entirely new "clan creator" game mode, "Majima Construction", in which Kiryu controls a team of up to nine employees at Majima Construction in an attempt to defend the company's equipment from its rivals. From a top-down perspective, the player controls the positions of each employee, in game that plays as a mixture of real-time strategy and tower defense.
Employees are hired either by putting out advertisments or clearing parts of the main campaign (and its sub-stories).
Also new to Kiwami 2 is a three-chapter extra campaign, where series anti-hero Goro Majima is a playable character. Majima's story is unlocked as the player progresses through Kiryu's, and takes place between the events of Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza Kiwami 2's main campaign. It also ties into the events of Yakuza 0, which chronolgically was the last game to feature a playable Majima.
Unlike Yakuza 0 however, Majima does not earn EXP, and so cannot be upgraded - his strength and abilities remain constant throughout each chapter. While Majima gets to travel around both Kamuro-cho and Sotenbori, there are no sub-stories and interaction with the world is more restricted than with Kiryu.
Chapter 1: Letter of Blood
Chapter 2: The Dragon of Kansai
Chapter 3: The Yakuza Huntress
Chapter 4: The Four Kings of Omi
Chapter 5: Hidden Past
Chapter 6: Schemes
Chapter 7: The Foreign Threat
Chapter 8: Suspect
Chapter 9: The Omi Invasion
Chapter 10: Survivors
Chapter 11: The Iron Creed
Chapter 12: Osaka Castle
Chapter 13: Settling Accounts
Chapter 14: The Go-Ryu March
Chapter 15: Blood and Bonds
Chapter 16: Decision
Chapter 1: Tojo Clan Reform
Chapter 2: Prodigal Son
Chapter 3: Mad Dog of Shimano
- Main article: Yakuza Kiwami 2/Achievements.
|Language||Localised Name||English Translation|
|English||Yakuza Kiwami 2||Yakuza Kiwami 2|
|English (US)||Yakuza Kiwami 2||Yakuza Kiwami 2|
|Japanese||龍が如く 極2||Ryu ga Gotoku Kiwami 2|
|Chinese (Traditional; Taiwan)||人中之龍極2|
- Main article: Yakuza Kiwami 2/Changelog.
- Main article: Yakuza Kiwami 2/Downloadable content.
|This article needs a list of production credits, either from the game itself, a manual, or other reliable source.|
- Main article: Yakuza Kiwami 2/Magazine articles.
- Main article: Yakuza Kiwami 2/Promotional material.
|PlayStation 4, KR|
|PlayStation 4, AS† (English)|
- Official website (Japanese)
- Yakuza Kiwami 2 on PlayStation.com: JP, KR
- Yakuza Kiwami 2 on PlayStation Store: JP, JP (Taikenban), US, US (Demo), UK, UK (Demo), AU, AU (Demo), KR, KR (Demo), TW, TW (Demo)
- PlayStation 4 Ryu ga Gotoku Kiwame 2 Edition on Sony.jp
- Yakuza Kiwami 2 on Steam
- https://www.jp.playstation.com/games/ryu-ga-gotoku-kiwami-2-ps4/ (Wayback Machine: 2018-04-21 22:00)
- https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/17/17134560/yakuza-kiwami-2-launch-date-west-ps4 (Wayback Machine: 2018-04-08 12:10)
- http://asia.sega.com:80/ryu-ga-gotoku/kiwami2/kr/ (Wayback Machine: 2017-10-10 22:59)
- PlayStation Store (en-us; UP0177-CUSA10634_00-YAKUZAKIWAMI0002) (Wayback Machine: 2018-12-08 05:58)
- PlayStation Store (en-us; UP0177-CUSA11713_00-YAKUZAKIWAMI2DEM) (Wayback Machine: 2018-07-27 21:28)
- PlayStation Store (en-gb; EP0177-CUSA10706_00-YAKUZAKIWAMI0002) (Wayback Machine: 2019-01-14 14:24)
- PlayStation Store (en-gb; EP0177-CUSA11735_00-YAKUZAKIWAMI2DEM) (Wayback Machine: 2019-01-14 14:24)
- PlayStation Store (en-au; EP0177-CUSA10706_00-YAKUZAKIWAMI0002) (Wayback Machine: 2019-01-14 14:26)
- PlayStation Store (en-au; EP0177-CUSA11735_00-YAKUZAKIWAMI2DEM) (Wayback Machine: 2019-01-14 14:26)
- PlayStation Store (fr-fr; EP0177-CUSA10706_00-YAKUZAKIWAMI0002) (Wayback Machine: 2019-01-14 14:28)
- PlayStation Store (fr-fr; EP0177-CUSA11735_00-YAKUZAKIWAMI2DEM) (Wayback Machine: 2019-01-14 14:28)
- PlayStation Store (de-de; EP0177-CUSA10706_00-YAKUZAKIWAMI0002) (Wayback Machine: 2019-01-14 14:29)
- PlayStation Store (de-de; EP0177-CUSA11735_00-YAKUZAKIWAMI2DEM) (Wayback Machine: 2019-01-14 14:29)
- PlayStation Store (ko-kr; HP0177-CUSA09615_00-ASIAPLACEHOLDER0) (Wayback Machine: 2019-01-08 22:16)
- PlayStation Store (ko-kr; HP0177-CUSA10792_00-RYUKIWAMI2KR0000) (Wayback Machine: 2019-01-09 01:23)
- PlayStation Store (en-tw; HP0177-CUSA09614_00-ASIAPLACEHOLDER0) (Wayback Machine: 2019-01-14 14:35)
- PlayStation Store (en-tw; HP0177-CUSA10553_00-RYUKIWAMI2CN0000) (Wayback Machine: 2019-01-14 14:35)
- https://steamdb.info/app/927380/ (Wayback Machine: 2019-05-12 11:24)
- http://www.sony.jp:80/playstation/store/special/ps4/ryugagotoku_kiwami2/ (Wayback Machine: 2018-02-01 23:24)
- https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/5520/20170828-ryuk2-3.html (Wayback Machine: 2017-09-11 11:45)
- https://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=927380 (Wayback Machine: 2019-11-29 22:00)
|Yakuza Kiwami 2|