From Sega Retro
|System(s): PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Steam|
|Developer: Ryu ga Gotoku Studio|
|Supporting companies: Marza Animation Planet|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
On 5 December 2015, Sony announced during the PlayStation Experience 2015 keynote that the PlayStation 4 version will be released in the United States. Later on 22 March 2016, it was announced that it would be released in Europe as well in 2017. A PC version was released for Steam on 1 August 2018.
Ryu ga Gotoku 0 takes place in 1988, and features a younger version of protagonist Kazuma Kiryu, as well as anti-hero Goro Majima as playable characters. Kiryu spends most of his time in the beginning of the game in Kamurocho, while Majima works in Sotenbori - their paths eventually cross (allowing the player to switch characters), building up to the events of the original Yakuza.
- 1 Gameplay
- 2 Story
- 2.1 Chapter 1: Bound By Oath
- 2.2 Chapter 2: The Real Estate Broker in the Shadows
- 2.3 Chapter 3: A Gilded Cage
- 2.4 Chapter 4: Proof of Resolve
- 2.5 Chapter 5: An Honest Living
- 2.6 Chapter 6: The Yakuza Way
- 2.7 Chapter 7: A Dark Escape
- 2.8 Chapter 8: Tug of War
- 2.9 Chapter 9: Ensnared
- 2.10 Chapter 10: A Man's Worth
- 2.11 Chapter 11: A Murky Riverbed
- 2.12 Chapter 12: Den of Desires
- 2.13 Chapter 13: Crime and Punishment
- 2.14 Chapter 14: Unwavering Bonds
- 2.15 Chapter 15: Scattered Light
- 2.16 Chapter 16: The Proof of Love
- 2.17 Finale: Black and White
- 2.18 Achievements
- 3 Versions
- 4 Downloadable content
- 5 Production credits
- 6 Magazine articles
- 7 Promotional material
- 8 Artwork
- 9 Physical scans
- 10 External links
- 11 References
The Club Sega venues found in later releases are branded as Sega Hi-Tech Lands, and offer full versions of some of Sega's top arcade games of the era - OutRun, Super Hang-On, Space Harrier and Fantasy Zone.
The year is 1988. Japan is going through a massive economic boom. Living standards have soared and people of Japan are experiencing a life of opulence like never before. This air of optimisim spreads to the entire country like a fever and money is pretty much falling from the skies. Perhaps the hardships they have endured since the end of World War II are finally paying off...
Enter Kazuma Kiryu. A young member of the Dojima Family of the Tojo Clan, who recently completed a "job": "collecting" money from a businessman who wasn't too punctual about paying his debts. Soon after that however, the man Kiryu collected money from is found dead and he is hunted down as a suspect. With no place to go, Kiryu decides to lay low and soon he is contacted by a mysterious man named Tetsuo Tachibana who offers him his help to clear his name.
Meanwhile, Goro Majima, who was temporarily expelled from the Tojo Clan over the events of the Ueno-Seima hit (mentioned in Yakuza 4) is working as a manager for the largest hostess bar in Sotenbori. Under constant surveillance due to his past mistake, Majima is looking for way to return to Kamuro-cho and when Sagawa, who is keeping him under leash offers him a chance to get back into Tojo Clan's good graces, he reluctantly accepts. Sagawa orders him to kill someone named Makimura but after finding out that his target is a blind girl, Majima decides to not to carry out the hit and instead tries to protect her and find out why everyone is after this poor girl.
All these events, from the death of the businessman to the blind girl wanted for death by the crime families seems to have tied to an empty lot in Kamuro-cho. Why is that small, insignificant patch of dirt so important? Is it valuable enough to order the death of a defenceless woman? How far are the conspirators willing to go get that piece of land?
Chapter 1: Bound By Oath
Chapter 2: The Real Estate Broker in the Shadows
Chapter 3: A Gilded Cage
Chapter 4: Proof of Resolve
Chapter 5: An Honest Living
Chapter 6: The Yakuza Way
Chapter 7: A Dark Escape
Chapter 8: Tug of War
Chapter 9: Ensnared
Chapter 10: A Man's Worth
Chapter 11: A Murky Riverbed
Chapter 12: Den of Desires
Chapter 13: Crime and Punishment
Chapter 14: Unwavering Bonds
Chapter 15: Scattered Light
Chapter 16: The Proof of Love
Finale: Black and White
- Main article: Yakuza 0/Achievements.
While previous Yakuza titles had been localised, Yakuza 0 was the first to be headded by Atlus USA, and the first to be released physically in Western regions since Yakuza: Dead Souls in 2012 (although the PlayStation 3 version remains exclusive to Japan, South Korea and Taiwan).
|Language||Localised Name||English Translation|
|English||Yakuza 0||Yakuza 0|
|English (US)||Yakuza 0||Yakuza 0|
|Japanese||龍が如く0 誓いの場所||Ryu ga Gotoku 0: Chikai no Basho|
|Korean||용과 같이 0 맹세의 장소|
|Chinese (Traditional; Taiwan)||人中之龍0 誓約的場所|
- Main article: Yakuza 0/Changelog.
|Patch 1 & 2||2018-09-14|||
- Main article: Yakuza 0/Downloadable content.
|This article needs a list of production credits, either from the game itself, a manual, or other reliable source.|
- Main article: Yakuza 0/Magazine articles.
- Main article: Yakuza 0/Promotional material.
PlayStation 3 version
|Sega Retro Average|
PlayStation 4 version
|Sega Retro Average|
|PlayStation 4, RU|
|PlayStation 4, PL/CZ/HU|
|PlayStation 4, EX†|
- Sega of Japan catalogue pages (Japanese): PlayStation 3
- Official website (English)
- Yakuza 0 on PlayStation.com: PlayStation 3: JP, JP (Reprint), JP (digital), KR, KR (digital); PlayStation 4: JP, JP (Reprint), JP (digital), US, KR, KR (Japanese), KR (Japanese digital); PlayStation Vita: KR
- Yakuza 0 on PlayStation Store: PlayStation 3: JP, KR, TW; PlayStation 4: JP, US, UK, AU, KR, KR (Japanese); PlayStation Vita: KR
- Yakuza 0 on Steam
- http://www.jp.playstation.com:80/software/title/bljm61249.html (Wayback Machine: 2015-03-13 15:24)
- http://www.jp.playstation.com:80/software/title/jp0177npjb00684_00ryuzerojapan0100.html (Wayback Machine: 2015-03-13 15:44)
- http://www.jp.playstation.com:80/software/title/bljm61337.html (Wayback Machine: 2016-03-10 01:20)
- http://www.playstation.co.kr/game/4015 (archive.today)
- PlayStation Store (ko-kr; JP0177-NPJB00684_00-ASIA000000000000) (Wayback Machine: 2018-04-07 18:54)
- PlayStation Store (en-tw; JP0177-NPJB00684_00-ASIA000000000000) (Wayback Machine: 2018-04-07 18:54)
- http://www.jp.playstation.com:80/software/title/pljm80042.html (Wayback Machine: 2015-01-24 19:17)
- http://www.jp.playstation.com:80/software/title/jp0177cusa01174_00ryuzerojapan0100.html (Wayback Machine: 2015-02-25 04:25)
- http://www.jp.playstation.com:80/software/title/pljm80154.html (Wayback Machine: 2016-02-26 05:12)
- http://www.softclub.ru/games/ps4/23439-yakuza-0 (Wayback Machine: 2016-04-29 16:08)
- PlayStation Store (en-us; UP0177-CUSA05070_00-YAKUZA0AMERICA00) (Wayback Machine: 2018-04-20 22:35)
- PlayStation Store (fr-fr; EP0177-CUSA05133_00-YAKUZA0EUROPEDLX) (Wayback Machine: 2018-04-20 22:36)
- PlayStation Store (de-de; EP0177-CUSA05133_00-YAKUZA0EUROPEDLX) (Wayback Machine: 2019-01-10 00:37)
- PlayStation Store (en-gb; EP0177-CUSA05133_00-YAKUZA0EUROPEDLX) (Wayback Machine: 2018-04-20 22:36)
- PlayStation Store (en-au; EP0177-CUSA05133_00-YAKUZA0EUROPEDLX) (Wayback Machine: 2018-04-20 22:36)
- http://www.playstation.co.kr/game/4670 (archive.today)
- PlayStation Store (ko-kr; HP0177-CUSA06130_00-RYUZEROKOREA0100) (Wayback Machine: 2018-04-20 22:37)
- http://www.playstation.co.kr/game/4016 (archive.today)
- PlayStation Store (ko-kr; JP0177-CUSA01174_00-ASIA000000000000) (Wayback Machine: 2018-04-20 22:37)
- PlayStation Store (ko-kr; JP0177-PCSG00503_00-ASIA000000000000) (Wayback Machine: 2018-05-17 22:00)
- File:Y0 DD ENDSLATE 1980x1070 ENv6.jpg
- https://steamdb.info/app/638970/ (Wayback Machine: 2018-06-27 00:15)
- https://steamcommunity.com/games/638970/announcements/detail/1795154707163674938 (Wayback Machine: 2019-04-08 00:55)
- https://steamcommunity.com/games/638970/announcements/detail/1783894442381055656 (Wayback Machine: 2019-04-08 00:55)
- https://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=638970 (Wayback Machine: 2018-11-23 20:41)
- https://steamcommunity.com/games/638970/announcements/detail/1691551621937079655 (Wayback Machine: 2019-03-25 14:13)
- https://steamcommunity.com/games/638970/announcements/detail/1688173287818407019 (Wayback Machine: 2019-03-27 19:50)
Books: Ryu ga Gotoku 0: Chikai no Basho Kouryaku Shinan no Sho (2015) | Ryu ga Gotoku 0: Chikai no Basho Kanzen Kouryaku Kyoku no Sho (2015)
Music: Ryu ga Gotoku 0: Chikai no Basho - 80's Hits! Collection (2015) | Yakuza 0 (2021)