Two Crude Dudes
From Sega Retro
|Two Crude Dudes|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Original system(s): Arcade boards|
|Developer(s) of original games: Data East|
|Number of players: 1-2|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
jumps, is for punches and kicks and is for grabbing objects and enemies. Controls can be remapped in the options screen. The protagonists can throw around rocks, billboards, cars etc. without breaking a sweat. Compared to many other games in the genre, physical attacks have low damage ratings and very poor reach, aside from jump kicks. Therefore throws and and jump kicks should mainly be used, which can be confusing at first.
The game has a total of 6 stages. All enemies must be defeated in order to progress. A boss awaits at the end of each stage.
A vendor machine bonus stage after each regular stage was added. Breaking the machine gives the player and extra life, but little score and just a little life can be replentished. Not breaking the machine but instead drinking as much coke as possible gives score and health, but no extra life
The player may choose from three difficulty levels. On higher difficulty settings, more enemies appear, while damage ratings are unaffected.
Compared to the Arcade version
- As usual for the era, not all graphics and sound effects (esp. voice samples) could be ported due to space limitations
- The color palette is brighter and more saturated, some of these changes are due to palette restrictions (e.g. player character and many enemies sharing the same palette), while others (e.g. sky color) seem deliberate.
- The Sega Mega Drive version has considerable less slowdown than the arcade release
- Beer cans have been replaced with Cola cans
- The vendor machine bonus stage is new. It was a fixed cutscene in the Arcade release.
- The enemy transporter helicopter has been replaced by a flying barge. ROM space restrictions or sprite amount issues could be a reason for this.
Compared to the Japanese version
- Name change from "Crude Buster" to "Two Crude Dudes", also changed in all cutscenes
- Possible censorship: A Santa Clause type enemy has been colored purple instead of red, mutant dogs have blue hair now instead of brown.
- The PAL version is not region protected and runs at full speed when forced into 60Hz mode. The game does not however change into "Crude Buster" when setting the console's region to Japan.
|Language||Localised Name||English Translation|
|English||Two Crude Dudes||Two Crude Dudes|
|English (US)||Two Crude Dudes||Two Crude Dudes|
- Main article: Two Crude Dudes/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|