From Sega Retro
|Role(s): Composer, Musician|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
David "Microwave" Javelosa is a full time Professor of Interactive Media in the Design Technology Department at Santa Monica College’s Academy of Entertainment and Technology where he also founded a program in game development.
He has been active as a composer, performer and new media artist for electronic music, non-linear game music, improvisation, performance art, music technology, and as an author and educator since the early nineties. He has composed and produced numerous recordings of his own and other’s music. He has also published many articles and a book “Sound and Music for Multimedia”.
He studied at San Jose State University with Alan Strange and the California Institute of the Arts with Morton Subotnick and David Rosenboom, among others. He has taught at San Francisco State’s Multimedia Studies Center, UCLA’s Entertainment Studies Program and at Santa Monica College.
Javelosa has also held the positions of Audio Director at Sega of America and Game Industry Specialist for the Yamaha Corporation and has also worked as a freelance composer, sound designer and consultant to the game industry. His work appears regularly in performances and conferences and he is widely acclaimed as an innovator in interactive audio and experimental music.
- Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin (Mega Drive; 1991) — Music and Effects (as Dave Javelosa)
- Mario Lemieux Hockey (Mega Drive; 1991) — Music/Sound
- Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Mega Drive; 1993) — Sound
- Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Game Gear; 1993) — Sound Programmers
- Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball (Mega Drive; 1993) — Special Thanks
- Streets of Rage 3 (Mega Drive; 1994) — Special Thanks to
- Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Master System; 1994) — Sound Programmers
- Ecco: The Tides of Time (Mega Drive; 1994) — Music
- Jurassic Park (Mega-CD; 1993) — Sound Manager
- Aaahh!!! Real Monsters (Mega Drive; 1995) — Additional Music and Sound Effects (as Dave Javelosa)
- Pocahontas (Mega Drive; 1996) — Production Support
- Iron Hammer (Mega Drive; unreleased) — Music Composer
- Sega CD Boot-up & Demos (1992)
- "Loving U Remx" for Sega Network (1993)
- Sony Online Game Shows (1997)
- Tommy Thunder (PSX Version) (1998)
- SYXG Demos for DirectMusic (1999)
- Main article: Photos of David Javelosa
- ↑ File:Spider-Man vs the Kingpin MD credits.pdf
- ↑ File:Mario Lemieux Hockey MD US Manual.pdf, page 16
- ↑ File:Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine MD credits.pdf
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 File:Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine SMS credits.pdf
- ↑ File:SonicSpinball MD US manual.pdf, page 21
- ↑ File:Streets of Rage 3 MD credits.pdf
- ↑ File:Ecco The Tides Of Time MD US Manual.pdf, page 30
- ↑ File:Jurassic Park MCD credits.pdf
- ↑ File:Pocahontas MD credits.pdf